700-555-4141 Does Not Work

Recently, my long distance carrier (TTI National, somehow a subsidary of MCI) informed me that they're going to start charging a "monthly fee" of $1.99. So I decided it was time to switch.

My new carrier's website instructs new users to call 700-555-4141 to verify when the LD carrier has been changed. I hadn't dialed the number in quite a while, so for kicks, I dialed it.

"We're sorry, your call can not be completed as dialed." This didn't happen the last time I tried it (more than a year ago)

(Yes, I tried it with a "1" in front of the number)

So, any thoughts on how I can check who my LD carrier is?

TIA

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: It seems to work here, but in a sort of half-baked way. Prairie Stream is at present getting their long distance service through Qwest Communications. When I dialed 1-700-555-4141, a recording answered and said two things (but sort of like one long sentence): "Thank you for using Qwest Communications, your call cannot be completed as dialed" with the second part of that being more emphasized than the first part. So it could be you did not have the phone to your ear listeing _closely_ when the first two or three words were stated. At least, that was my experience just now trying it. PAT]
Reply to
Ted Klugman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.