Re: 700-555-4141 Does Not Work

>> Recently, my long distance carrier (TTI National, somehow a subsidary

>> of MCI) informed me that they're going to start charging a "monthly >> fee" of $1.99. So I decided it was time to switch. >> My new carrier's website instructs new users to call 700-555-4141 to >> verify when the LD carrier has been changed. I hadn't dialed the >> number in quite a while, so for kicks, I dialed it. >> "We're sorry, your call can not be completed as dialed." This didn't >> happen the last time I tried it (more than a year ago) >> (Yes, I tried it with a "1" in front of the number) >> So, any thoughts on how I can check who my LD carrier is? >> TIA > Do you have 900, 700, and 976 blocking on your phone? If you do, that > explains it completely. > Try dialing '00' and see what happens.

Dialing '00' produced nothing. Nothing at all.

Yes, I did have 900, 700, and 976 blocking. Got rid of that and it works fine now.

The odd thing is that I have *always* had 900, 700, and 976 blocking, since I got the line in 1998.

One would think that telcos would still allow 700-555-4141, and block all other numbers. Oh well.

Reply to
Ted Klugman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.