IP-based surveillance (indoor)

Could you suggest a suitable camera system for indoor monitoring and recording over the LAN?

Best I've seen so far is the Axis 210

formatting link
bundle of four cameras and management software
formatting link
(Management software comparison,
formatting link
Requirements are

IP-based cameras Central recording - preferably of motion only Browse or client access to the central recorder

The Axis210 and AXIS Camera Station sofware fits the bill very well but is there a competitive product that we should consider as well - or any horror stories about Axis!!?

-- TIA James

Reply to
James Harris
Loading thread data ...

Can't recommend anything specific on the hardware side but as for the software, you might want to take a look at ZoneMinder . (Its free, although the developer will gladly accept donations.)

Reply to
Jukka Aho

I have 4 D-Link DCS-900 cameras. They work reasonably well but the client sucks. It pegs the CPU at 99% all of the time if you have motion detection enabled. The camera servers do sometimes crash so you will have to hard reset them occasionally. Still way more reliable than X10 PC interface crap. that Axis camera looks suspiciously like the DCS-

1000 from D-Link, I would love to get my hands on their software to see if it's compatible with D-Link cameras.
Reply to
Chris Phillipo

Thanks.

Reply to
James Harris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.