WIN-PAK 2.0 question (new PC migration)

We've been running WIN-PAK 2.0r3 on an old PIII for nearly 5 years, and I'm in the process of migrating it to a new PC.

The installation of WIN-PAK 2.0 on the new box went just fine, along with the migration of the SQL databases. Now, before I officially "cutover" to the new PC, I assume the last important step is to change the Comm Server's machine name to point to the new machine name. BTW, the Comm Server consists of (1) C-100 loop which contains 8 panels.

Should I disconnect the serial cable from the old PC, connect it to the new PC and then update the "machine name" setting for the Comm Server?

Please let me know if that sequence will work and if I'm missing anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Steve
Loading thread data ...

Steve

have you recover the back up from the old machine?

if so you are ok, you just need to reconnect the serial cable to the new machine and change the new machine name to what the old machine was named before,its easier then changing the name in the database,and since the old machine will surely be gone soon it wont matter in the network..

don't be afraid to connect the cable to the serial port ,it won reload the controller cause you need to do it manually...

"Steve" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.