"through" glass intercom

Looking for a simple (ie: cheap) intercom like this:

formatting link
Only things I've found in the US so far are from Telex and Norcon, all in the $500 - $2000 range. I'd prefer not to cut any glass, this isn't really a 'secure' application.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
ithejury
Loading thread data ...

Aiphone makes an IM series intercon which should do the trick for you.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If you have a glass window with a counter pass thru for papers and such you would be surprised how well sound will pass through as well.

Otherwise try Aiphone.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Thanks for the reply. The Aiphone IM series would be perfect if it wasn't for the price tag. Same issue with the Norcon TTU-3. I may try the unit from the UK.

Thanks again.

p://

formatting link

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
ithejury

Jeeeze, how about two plastic cups and a string?

Reply to
Jim

Does the tech-man have a manual for it?

Reply to
ithejury

Jeeeze, how about two plastic cups and a string?

Yup it does exactly what he wants and is a perfect fit. Will be reliable for years and years to come. Install it and forget it. Can write off a portion of the cost for taxes or maybe even depreciate over a 5 year period as a capital expense. But noooooooooooooo He will go find something that is cheaper, that will possibility give more problems and headaches and when it fails he will buy a second and maybe a third but will always be saying look at how much money I saved for being frugal. Go figure???????

Reply to
ABLE_1

"ithejury" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : snipped-for-privacy@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

I dont know but if he do I will sue him!!

that was my design, I done it when I was a kid, and I will claim every right to it!!!

Reply to
Petem

de

Don't forget to call your shyster lawyer in the morning.

You oughtta get at least 25cents out of this for damage to your reputation and for using an un-patented invention.

I invented something like it when I was a kid but mine was a little different. Because we didn't have plastic back then, we had to use two dixie cups. ( Most people don't know what they are, anymore)

Reply to
Jim

I figure you more than likely used to hollowed out gourds. They didn't invent "Dixie cups" until the twentieth century.

Reply to
Frank Olson

When I was REAL young, we'd bang rocks together using Morseoggs Code.

When I got a little older, It wasn't a well known fact that the louder you talked the further away you could be heard so I patented that one. Called it the Talkloudercom. Talking louder became very popular I had quite a business going. Was the precursor to the telephone. Recurring revenue, the whole thing. Anyone who wanted to send a message would come to us and we'd yell the message to where ever they wanted it to go. But then the patent ran out. Then I did the dixie cup thing but stupidly I didn't patent it and Petrum made a killing on it. And now, every once in a while I'll hear someone shouting to someone and it really brings back memories of the old days. It's a shame, but nowdays everyone uses it and they don't realize what it was like back in the heydays.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.