The most realistic dummy CCTV security camera... ever!

Loading thread data ...

formatting link
See a "dummy" camera... "In action". Right.

Of course, any crook with half a brain knows that REAL cameras don't have blinking LEDs, so those that do have them are pretty much guaranteed fakes.

Reply to
Matt Ion

formatting link

Most crooks have less than half a brain

Reply to
Mark Leuck

formatting link

Well, yeah, granted...

Reply to
Matt Ion

The best dummy cameras are real cameras. Seriously. I save my dead cams in a box for dummies. In one industrial site we put in 16 real cameras and 30 dead cams and outdoor housings all with cable and conduit as apporiate. I took over a hundred digital pictures from the location of all cameras and dummies and then saved them on the clients computer. The same one he typically uses to view the DVR from. When his unit goes into screensaver mode it flips quickly through all those still images. Unless somebody has access to his DVR they can never be sure which cams are real and which are dummies.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bix box retailers do something similar. They install empty housings at many more locations that there are actually cameras. They can then move the cameras around the store as needed to focus on whatever issues they're having. Shoppers, vendors, and employees have no idea which housings contain cameras at any given time. Another customer of ours has two systems within their location. The contract guards have access to the normal cameras on a DVR at their station. There are also several covert cameras that are run to a separate DVR in a server closet and are accessible only by management from a corporate office. These cameras watch the employees including the guards that are supposed to be watching the regular security cameras.

Reply to
J.

Clever....

Reply to
Tommy

formatting link

How about two real ones that work that can be hooked up or not.

Two SILENT WITNESS V25LC5080 COLOR CAMERAS & a ALTRONIX 8 port power supply. I listed them with iSOLD IT on ebay

formatting link
They list for $600.00 ea and are still 4 days away at $9.99 for all

bb

Reply to
bb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.