Sell LCD telephone Burglar Alarm Systems

Ever tried the recessed sensors?

Reply to
mleuck
Loading thread data ...

Actually, I have acquired a hatred for the recessed contacts. Though not as much as my hatred for other products (ademco panels for one)

Perhaps it was the low quality drill bits I was using when they first came out. Ever use a spade bit that large (3/4"?) and try to get a good, even, level hole drilled?

Perhaps it's the fact that the end cap doesn't want to stay on securely.

Or perhaps it's the fact that you'll never get the contact out in the future to replace it. You may not even be able to get the board out of the casing to replace the battery. I suppose the best solution here would be to use the optional end cap that gets screwed onto the door frame and drill a little too large intentionally.

Although the last one I installed had to go into the door with the magnet in the frame. It was very easy on that one, but probably not the best option for the longevity of the contact. Ironically, this was a place where we were trying to keep people from breaking out, and all the surface contacts were either destroyed or thrown out the window into a forest. The only one the has survived is that recessed contact.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

Try the spade bit, and if it starts to wander, stop. Finish with a hole saw to keep the hole true. Try the transmitter case, if you have to force it, stop. Use the spade bit again to ream the hole a little at a time til your case fits perfectly. Use a little ALEX caulk or silicone to hold in place if necessary.

Reply to
alarman

Yes but not long term

Reply to
mleuck

WTF, you're answering your own questions now? Did that big, fat, fist shake your concentration?

Reply to
G. Morgan

The recessed sensor question wasn't mine

Reply to
mleuck

Really? It sure looks like you asked "Ever tried the recessed sensors?"....

Hmmmm....

Hard to refute this:

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

mleuck wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f19g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

I have used them, nad they work well.

Reply to
motley me

snipped-for-privacy@f19g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

Tell it to G Morgan, apparently he's the one asking :)

Reply to
mleuck

Then how do you explain this, moron?

Message-ID:

Reply to
G. Morgan

What is "this"?

Reply to
mleuck

The message ID of the post you made that read "Ever tried the recessed sensors?"....

Now you're denying you wrote it. Here is irrefutable proof you wrote it: ( I see you cancelled it with Google)

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

I never canceled any post, and I didn't write that

Reply to
mleuck

You forgot the 3rd option: You could be an idiot

Reply to
mleuck

I thought he was being polite by leaving that option out.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

;-)

Reply to
Jim

Oh look Jim's right behind Robert, that might make Frank mad

Reply to
mleuck

they went from hating each other to a cluster f*ck. change you can believe in?

Reply to
KingFish

I suspect Frank, like Jim, appreciated the humor (or, in his case, the humour). You did leave yourself wide open for the retort.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

What? Are you doing the 'Mark-Like-A-Nova' now because I shut you down and called you a liar?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.