Security Panel with IP Connectivity.

Customer system hit by lightning. Wants a new panel that he can connect to via network. anyone got insight into any panels that have this feature? he had a dsc 5010. Normally I use Networx. GE has a network module NX590E. I have not used it. Looks like it is mostly for reporting. I think this customer is more interested in controlling the system via net. Any one use the 590E? how does it work? reliable? can the system be configured and programmed via net reliably?

Reply to
CCUBOSS
Loading thread data ...

=BF=BDGE has a network

=BDreliable? =EF=BF=BDcan

Tell us now ......... do you really want to sell one of your customers a control panel that allows him to have access to programming? The ability to change what is reported to central station? The ability to change how each zone reacts to being tripped? The ability to change account numbers? What telephone numbers are used for communicating with central station?

Thats just the kind of capability that I'd like to put in the hands of MY customers.

Yeh sure!

Reply to
Jim

no, I hope that would be password protected. I would have the password.

I'm sure he wants to be able to get an email notification of events. turn system on and off, bypass, etc. same basic functions as a keypad. check status of zones. maybe change user codes.

Is there such a puppy?

Reply to
CCUBOSS

CCUBOSS wrote in news:4c05b743$0$3698$ snipped-for-privacy@read01.usenetall.se:

Not sure about native net access, but you can go with something like a Xanboo gateway. Allows for a virtual keypad, notifications, and such.

Reply to
motley me

DSC pc 4020 can do that with there software for the customer.. not the dls for the installer..

but there ip connection was 10 mb/s max so its really old technology..

Reply to
Petem

ve the password.

ns as a keypad.

Napco has a "virtual" keypad app that will allow remote keypad control of their Gemini panels, but not programing.

Napco Gemini 1632, 3200, 9600.

Reply to
Jim

If you are already familiar with the Networx product line it will be easier on your brain to stay with it.

The NX590-E does what you want, although it is not easy as you might want. There are some quirks.

The DL900 software can be set to give your customer a user name and password that will limit his access to specific areas and only have access to certain functions.

Please be advised that as of yesterday 6/1/2010 the NX590-E has been discontinued. Once all boards are out of distribution it will be gone. Only at that time will the replacement NX590-NE be available which may not be for months or more.

Good Luck,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I have the NX-590 module, it's designed for reporting and email but I'm not sure if GE offers remote access using it, there are some 3rd party companies that do

It's extremely fast downloading

Reply to
mleuck

The best remote access package for GE panels is Alarm.com

Period

Reply to
mleuck

Whats different about the NE?

Reply to
mleuck

That is what Tech Support said that the new part number would be.

I would guess it may have a newer technology chips or something along with additional features(maybe).

I have noticed some other parts now have the N entered into the part number. Like the NX-650N. Has a 123 battery and appears to have new chips.

I am also guessing that these changes were already in the works before UTC got into it.

I am hoping that it is all for the good.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

The 650N is just a crystal sensor with a long-life battery, it's been around for quite a while, my guess is even before ITI was purchased by GE.

Sounds like a processor upgrade, sometimes they change the designation like that

Reply to
mleuck

The NX650/651 was the standard replaceable battery transmitter. (Gray/Brown)

The NX652/653 was the soldered in non-replaceable Long-Life battery transmitter (Gray/Brown)

The new NX650N or NX651N has a replaceable CR123 battery with new chip set and now requires a 4.7k resistor when a external contact is used. Also you can choose which internal reed switch is used by means of a jumper on the board. Don't know when it happened but I would guess with in the past 6 months.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Napco P3200, P9600, and X255 can use their Net Link module and PCD manager to add and change codes and review system history, but does not allow access to dealer programming. I have used it on a number of X255 panels employing access control. On an access control panel it also allows for card and personnel management and access scheduling. (I think the 3200 is supported anyway. I just use the X255 for this.) Not sure about system status or arming/disarming. I do not think so. For THOSE customers I prefer to sell them a Wizard IIe instead. They don't even need net access to check their alarm or arm it. Just a telephone.

I have not used their virtual keypad application. I suppose I should check it out.

Dealer programming can be accessed via the regular dealer software through a net link module also.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

A followup on the NE board, the N stands for "New", it's slightly redesigned with the memory board mounted at an angle instead of straight out. The only modification to programming is DHCP is enabled by default.

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.