reasonable monthly rate

No they last forever, they just like rebooting and going into runaway when the battery dies

Reply to
mleuck
Loading thread data ...

I disagree, if the panel was a good one when new it'll work fine for a long time, we've got tons of old DSC 1550 and 2500 panels out there with no problems.

My TV is about 20 years old, my previous car was a 1978 Honda Civic that was working great with 250,000 miles until I traded it off for a new Ford Ranger (which just turned over 200,000 miles). I've still got an old Technics turntable from 1979 that I'll never part with and a CD player from 1985.

The only reason I can see with dumping a good working panel is if it can't do some of the new things like remote access or Internet monitoring.

Reply to
mleuck

:

RHC: Hmmm... Mark, you are indeed living in the past. Tell me, is your computer that old as well ? Are your phones the old heavy Bell clunkers they retired decades ago..?.:)) Do you still tape using a VCR ?....or a cassette player ?

Maybe the company you work for will monitor anything going, but I doubt any reputable small dealer would be interested in junk from yesteryear !! Oops...I forgot....in our industry, it's not the quality of the security that counts, only getting that contractual RMR regardless of the shit equipment sending the signals....:((

But....hey....have it your way.

Reply to
tourman

Thanks, that's good to know. I purchase batteries from Mouser in bulk and I'll make sure the battery does not get too long in tooth.

Best, Christopher

"Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know." -- King Arthur in Monte Python and the Holy Grail

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Not bad...

Power-Sonic 12V 7AH

formatting link

1: $19.65 ($8 ground shipping on one) 10: $18.01 ($20 ground shipping for a case of 10 (57 lbs.) 50: $16.63 + shipping 100: $15.16 + shipping

I had to buy a battery real quick and I went to Batteries Plus. They charged me $32.xx for a 12V 4.5AH. I almost walked out, but I had to have it right then.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.