Re: DSS-670 Help Please

Four days. Sounds about right. Check the output voltage on the battery leads. Then check your fuses.

I think that's an old Brinks made by Scantronics. (Well something like that comes to mind, but I never worked on those antiques.) Programmer needed for anything else most likely. The one guy who used to provide that kind of support is out of the business. Sold all his stuff that was left a number of years ago. Last I heard he was planning to manufacture plastic shredding machines.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

If there is nothing wrong with your devices and wiring keep your wired loops. I always preferred wired zones, but many companies preferred wireless because it requires much less skill and labor to install.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

If you do opt for the wired replacement.. make note of the resistance on each zone loop input.. (that will have to match, whatever new control you install. and if the resistors are in the box, it's easy to exchange.) Another item to check is the amount of load on the output circuit. (Many of the new panels are severely limited compared to older panels..) RTS

Reply to
RTS

All the input & suggestions has been "spot on" to help this guy. I will add one more bit of assistance!! When you look for a "hardwired" Panel find one that has a add-on wireless receiver that can be used for a variety of other STUFF you don't even know about!!

Such as the DSC equipment.

formatting link
Good Luck!!

Les

And yes guys, I am still here..................!! ;-)

Reply to
ABLE1

Hi Andrew,

Personally I have not clue. Outside my brain capabilities at this date!!

However, a quick search on YouTube will pop up more than you can handle.

formatting link
Again, good luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Also please note that the guy has a date on the battery of Oct/03. That means that when he recorded the video 2 years ago his battery was already dead for maybe about 14 years.

Does make one' Wonder!!!!!

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.