OT: Double Cyliner Entry Set

Double Cyliner Entry Set

I am looking for a standard brushed aluminum commercial lever set with double cylinders. Always locked. It is for an outdoor gate. No exposed screws when assembled. Schlage would be preferred to standardize with the rest of the site, but is not absolutely required.

The application is not a code violation so please, we don't need to hear all that, other than to mention that for many applications it very well could be as it could create entrapment situations.

Bob La Londe The guy who decides who we do business with.

The Security Consultant PO Box 5720 Yuma, Az 85366

(928) 782-9765 ofc (928) 782-7873 fax

Contractors License Numbers ROC103044 & ROC103047

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I carry Adams Rite, Arrow Lock, Best, Detex, Falcon, Folger Adam, Medeco, Sargent, Schlage, Simplex, Von Duprin and Yale / Norton. Take your pick and you can have it at cost as a courtesy since you're in the trade.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I found one here in town. I'll be able to finish the job tommorrow.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"Robert L'ass" wrote

snip

Oh, Jesus. How do you not make yourself sick?

Reply to
alarman

That's easy. I'm not you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

again no answer to the question. what a self serving putz.

Reply to
Nym

On the contrary... He only has to navigate through about 20 or so pages (with no pictures) to find the lock he's looking for. Of course it would be "special order", so there's "no return".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Instead I talked with a local locksmith and had him get me the lock. I explained my application and he found me three or four options. His price was pretty steep, but I figured I was paying for his knowledge and expertise. If I run across this again I'll now have a manufacturer and a model number I can do a search for.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The lock-smithing distributors here will sell to licensed security companies. One of them even re-keys the locks for us "gratis". Mind you, we monitor their alarm system. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I've got a couple locksmith suppliers I can buy from. I just didn't know how to order what I wanted.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It would be an improvement if you were

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Some people just enjoy speaking total bullshit

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Next time call me and I'll give you the name of my rep. You can order from him at close to the price I pay. I don't mind sharing with responsible dealers and we're not competing for the same customers anyway.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Maybe you should talk to your security rep first. He's the one selling you a carbon monoxide detector that you're calling an "audio transcoder". I'll bet you've sold "hundreds" too. Can you say "moron"?

Reply to
Frank Olson

, but I could be. Its not that hard. Just takes time to set things up and manage customer relations. I may do so again when I retire from contracting, although I'll probably have a larger product line (different categories of merchandise) with specific URLs routed to a particular category.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Feel free to do so if it suits you. Getting started is not hard at all. You're right about that. Keeping it going and making it grow is a bit more challenging though. In any case, if you ever want that source just ask. They do a nice job for me.

category.

A larger product line? You're kidding, right? My online stores currently have over 235,000 products and, taken together, half a million pages. TTBOMK they're the most diverse websites and certainly the most diverse e-commerce sites in the industry.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yes.

No.

DYNAMIC content is the way to go. You only have to write a few pages, but I'm sure you knew that. By the way, when I shut down the cart I had about

80,000 products listed in the cart, but I only had to write about 20 pages. MySQL is your friend. I was a little leary about writing my own perl script, but PHP is some pretty cool stuff. I've been learning perl too, but a lot of stuff is so much easier and faster with PHP. Probably use both if I go back on line.

Even some of the tech support stuff can be managed the same way, but for that it actually takes time to document.

No clue what TTBOMK means.

Wasn't going to stay within the industry. Also, I have not been sitting still. I've been learning quite a bit about coding and flow management. My background if you may recall is in CIS, and I was already profficient in several languages. Just takes a day or two to wipe the dust off those cognitive areas and start writing code again. If a previous employer had not tried to stiff me I probably wouldn't even be in the alarm industry.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Comparing your Google page rank to homesecuritystore.com, and Alexa's stats tell a much different tale.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Not if you want the search engines to feed your business.

I sure do. After years of PPC that wasn't bringing in the level of activity it should have I switched to static pages with a better designed scart. My sales doubled the first year. With the new changes (SEO, outsourcing search tool and investing in faster servers) business on the primary website is up significantly again. When my other site is finished it should bring in a similar increase.

MYSQL is handy for maintaining the site, regardless whether the pages are static or dynamic.

I write simple HTML and make minor mods to scripts but I haven't had time to learn PHP yet.

I know. Were you here when I still had the FAQ website? :^)

TTBOMK = To The Best Of My Knowledge

We have some things in common. I learned to code in six programming languages, worked in MIS for years, etc., before getting involved in security. My brother, who is also in the industry, has over 40 years of programming experience. He has written everything from a compiler to financial apps. He even wrote the code for a downloader we developed for Edwards' FireShield panels. That was fun -- the first time we collaborated on an alarm industry related project.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.