Nick update 2#

Sorry for original post was really out of it there spent 15+ hours on the operating table and when they went in they said everything looked good and they did not do the temporary iliostomy. but after 2 days in ICU and finally being moved to a regular room they decided I was leaking internally so the had to go back in and reopen me up to install the temporary iliostomy which then kept me in icu for several more days because I started going into SVT Tachycardia with my heart 190 beats a minute I stayed in icu 14 days total where I finally got back to a normal room for 3 days and was released but thy kept having trouble with my pain meds not working because they were not devolving properly . seems like everything is now working properly and after sear months here at home and another round of chemo hopefully I will be back up on my feet late august

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

You're in my thoughts and prayers bro...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Glad to hear you're back ok. It's going to take a little time to get back in action. Take it easy be patient and you'll be back kickin ass in no time. Wish you all the best and God Bless.

Reply to
Roger W

You must be feeling better today, your message looks much better :)

Stay tough man, best wishes and get well soon!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cant wait to read a post of you about a bad install you corrected on that day..

"nick markowitz" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : om8zj.14040$ES.13938@trnddc05...

Reply to
Petem

Same here, Nick. If you need to do something less strenuous than installing during recovery, give me a call. I can help you start something online.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That's *all* he needs. Sheesh!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

I feel for you Nick. I spent two weeks in the hospital and months recovering (shit I still aint full recovered) from a bad motrcycle accident several years ago. I watched it all slipping away, and suffered some of the worst deppression and anger of my life.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hi Bob,

Speaking of motorcycles, I had a great time at Daytona Beach last weekend. I don't know what the count was but it looked like there were around 500,000 bikes in town. Riding the M109R through the tunnel into the Daytona Speedway was cool. Main Street was beyond awesome with hundreds of vendors showing their wares, a thousand bars offering ice cold beer and all kinds of food and gorgeous girls galore parading around in bikinis and doing wet T-shirt contests, [which of course I didn't watch]. ;)

You ought to come down this time next year when Bob C is around again.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Has your "customer service number" changed *again*??? Maybe you should spend a couple of minutes and update your website's "contact information".

Reply to
Frank Olson

If they've been reading some of the posts from a few "professional" alarm installers here, that could account for the lack of respect.

Like alarm installers, some electricians care about their work. Others don't.

Do you play berimbau?

Didn't you submit plans showing locations with the permit application?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Animosity back and forth in this news group does not negate the fact that Low voltage appliances, especially when used in a life-safety application, demands the same respect to its codes as does standard electrical.

But I'm talking about the same guy doing his 110 stuff carefully and professionally but slopping the low voltage around like spiderwebs.

I had to look that one up. You're talking about Capoeira. I'm talking about the jiu-jitsu made famous by the Gracie family and their success in the Ultimate Fighting realm.

Yes and plan review was passed. The ductwork wasn't in when the devices were hung by the subcontractor or when the system brought up, tested, fixed and retested by our guy. (see again my comment about why we had to be in such a blankety blank hurry to get our system up and running when the the darned mechanicals weren't even in yet) turns out the views of several devices were obscured by the ducts (they have left much of the building with open ceilings).

Hell, if they had installed the HVAC units 10 inches farther from the wall and run the lines to the AC compressors out the building a foot to the right the access issue never would have come up. There was plenty of room but we weren't there when the heating and cooling guys were there so there was nobody looking out for us.

The first day our guy was out there he came back to the office making train whistle sounds saying that the train was coming and we needed to make sure our car was off the tracks... but nobody ever listens to mere technicians - the salesman assured everyone things were just fine.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Agreed.

In that case I wouldn't hire him for anything at all. The problem is a lack of integrity.

If they were practicing "Brazilian Jiu-Jitso" it was Capoeira, the martial art originally developed by African slaves in Brazil. They were not allowed to do martial arts so they modified the traditional African techniques into the dance-like movements of Capoeira. Most of the top Brazilian Capoeiristas come from Salvador, Bahia. That's where my second home is. You'd probably enjoy watching or even participating. Everywhere you go around Salvador there are demonstrations and contests going on, especially in the tourist areas.

several devices were obscured by the ducts (they have left much of the building with open ceilings).

Ah, now I understand. They pushed you to do the work out of order. Idiots! Bill them for the extra time. It's certainly over and above what you contracted for and it's definitely their fault.

HVAC people *never* adjust their stuff for alarm people. They seem to consider it their God-given duty to cut alarm wires and then hide the cuts behind the duct.

Your salesman? May I assume you delivered a steel-toed boot to the appropriate orifice? :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Two separate disciplines:

formatting link
formatting link
BJJ is a very recent discipline.

I will admit that Capoeira looks interesting but if I do start a new study it will be Muay Thai - that shit is deadly. I learned a little as my Brazilian jiu-jitsu instructor was big into mixed martial arts.

We are going to bill either the building owner or the sub contractor. All I know is that I have been told to make copious notes of what I've done and how long each step took.

Well, in their defense nobody told them about the three foot clearance (back to my main point) and truth be told, moving my panel was a lot easier than moving an HVAC unit the size of our service vans.

I have run into d*****ad heating and cooling guys but they are rare. Most of them are just trying to put in a days work and my wires are way easier to maneuver than their ducts. Usually, if there is a conflict, either they or the builder will give us a call.

No no no - you have your priorities all wrong. Salesmen make money for the company. Tech's are overhead. If anyone gets a boot up whatever orifice you refer to it would be the tech for making the salesman look bad...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Very interesting. I was not aware of this before. I've heard a number of people (Americans, not Brasilians) refer to Capoeira as "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu" so I thought the two were one and the same. Thanks for setting me straight.

I've never watched Muay Thai. What's it like?

Exactly. Be sure to write not only the date of each item but note the day in which the notes were recorded. It makes your evidence more convincing.

True. With us a wire can usually be moved easily. Moving a duct or part of a duct not only makes for more work. It affects the airflow if it requires additional bends. It really sounds like the GC was at fault more than anyone else.

Heh, heh, heh. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Would you like a personal demonstration???

Reply to
Frank Olson

LOL - I can't see that being very helpful. After about three seconds, even if the person is still conscious, most wouldn't be very aware of what was being demonstrated. All they would really know is that it hurts...

It isn't real pretty to watch unless you know what's going on. In Muay Thai you strike with not just your hands and feet but train to incorporate elbows, knees and shins as well. It's a good match for Jiu-jitsu since knee and elbow strikes work very well in close quarters.

Marine hand to hand combat teaches (among other things) that whenever possible, once you have made contact with an opponent you don't let go until one of you is dead (hopefully the other guy). That way the training works in any environment, whether you can see or not.

Jiu-jitsu is all about taking the fight to the ground and wrapping up your opponent. Perfect for snapping joints, ripping out eyeballs or breaking a neck - but there's no reason you shouldn't take out a few ribs with a knee or use your elbow to cave in a temple while you're down there.

The other thing about Muay Thai I like is that with long arms and long legs my hands and feet have a long way to go when throwing a strike. Knees and Elbows don't have to travel as far and make for a quicker strike.

I liken my reaction time to that of a tree sloth so striking disciplines such as boxing or tae-kwon-do have never appealed to me...

What would be REALLY cool to learn would be Krav Maga but instructors are hard to find - or afford.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I guess you can find pretty well anything in Vancouver. :-)

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Sweet... you Canadians get everything...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Now Olson will tell us he's a martial arts expers as well as an airline pilot, insurance inspector, alarm technician, etc., etc., etc.... Give it a rest, Olson. Nobody believes your bullshit.

I prefer to simply outwit an opponent. Since no one even tries to bother me outside this newsgroup it's easy to win. The "competition" is unarmed.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.