Need information on security

This is just an interesting aside to this thread, and not something that will assist this gentleman. However, I was in Juneau, Alaska about

4 weeks ago. While there, I spent a lot of time just walking around talking to locals to get the true flavour of the place. And one thing I did notice was that virtually the only alarms in service were for businesses in the downtown area, and none that I saw were from the nationals. ALL of the ones that I saw were local "little guys". I didn't see a single ADT sticker or sign.

Dunno if it's the same in Anchorage but this might be part of the reason this chap is not versed in the presence of residential alarms. Maybe there aren't many !!

The guy that broke into this chaps home must be nuts ! He ran a real risk up there of getting his ass shot off.....

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products

formatting link

Bob Worthy wrote:

Reply to
tourman
Loading thread data ...

I have a few clients in Nome, Juneau and Anchorage. I also have one customer whose vacation home is in a remote area accessible in winter only by ski plane. He bought an alarm and a hidden camera system to record the thieves who were breaking in and stealing his food and black power supplies.

A few months after installing his system, he was hit again. This time he took the video to the state police and they recognized the perps. They've been arrested and apparently the police found lots of stolen goods in their place when they served the warrant because they're facing multiple felony charges.

Sometimes even in remote places alarms are useful. Where police response is slower than sending a postcard there's nothing like a few hidden cameras, though.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: AbqdncL7j8GwMaLYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

why do I feel like I just read a Walt Disney movie scenario?

is it because of the happy ending? or is it the fact that such remote place don't have electric power,and no one with a mind of his own would leave solar panel or power generator or wind mills on site for thieves to take?(they do have all the time in the world to take what ever they want,its so remote....)

NO! I found it!!! its because its been post by bAss!!!

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.