Do the math, Joel!!

OK... I just heard the latest "AlarmFarce" ad on the radio. "Over

150,000 AlarmFarce protected homes"... Yeah... right... Their latest financial statement says they have a subscriber base of 66,300. That's a pretty impressive number but no where near HALF of "150,000". He must have had the same math teacher as Bass. ;-)
Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Come on now Frank; you know as well as I do that their whole service offering is a mix of half truths, exaggeration and poor technical equipment. They sell the sizzle not the steak !! Why wouldn't they also exaggerate the size of their customer base ?

If people are that stupid that they buy Alarmforce's shit, so be it ! A fool and his money are soon parted. I no longer feel as sorry as I used to feel for people allowing themselves to be fleeced by companies like Alarmforce. If people spent even a few minutes comparing service offerings by doing proper shopping comparisons, they'd quickly see through their garbage. If they don't shop, they get stung....

One of the things I've noticed about our industry. Those who advertise the most, are usually the ones giving their customers the least.

Reply to
tourman

Bass actually offers better equipment, but the rest is bang on.

I understand he grills a great steak.

Why indeed!

First off, people don't "buy" anything from Alarmfarce except their hype. Alarmfarce doesn't sell their equipment.

The only obligation an individual would assume in dealing with Alarmfarce is the three year commitment at $25.00 per month. They don't pay for the installation or the equipment. Consumers have to educate themselves on what an alarm system should be doing. Selling a single door contact and a PIR isn't going to provide any sort of personal security (unless you're living in an apartment above the fifth floor with one entry point and no balcony). Alarmfarce certainly doesn't want to educate anyone in how inadequate their equipment really is. Instead, they hype their "two way voice" crap as the "cat's meow". Burglars don't "avoid Alarmfarce protected homes", they laugh at them.

Reply to
Frank Olson

RHC: Come on now Frank; you know as well as I do that their whole service offering is a mix of half truths, exaggeration and poor technical equipment.

RHC: I wasn't talking about RLB, I was talking about AlarmForce, but then I think you know that....

First off, people don't "buy" anything from Alarmfarce except their hype. Alarmfarce doesn't sell their equipment.

RHC: Yes, I know, and except in certain unique situations, renting a small ticket item like an alarm system is their first mistake.

RHC: As does everyone else who knows the first thing about alarm equipment. I can't count the number of people who have come to me for a real alarm system after AlarmForce wouldn't even change batteries (in non-supervised wireless equipment.....to my way of thinking, that's close to negligence....)

But what the hell; let the buyer beware !!

Reply to
tourman

Yep. But the comparisons are simply too close for me not to comment. I figure Bass probably writes the scripts for the AlarmFarce commercials.

You figure? Let me clear up a little misconception. First off, the phone call to AlarmFarce that "starts the installation ball rolling" seems pretty benign. When the tech shows up, he's got a bunch of sales hype with him that he lays on the customer. All about "their" line cut technology, protecting your family from fire with smoke detectors (that he happens to have in his truck), additional door contacts to cover those ground floor patio doors and windows (that he happens to have in his truck), and all of this for a "small additional monthly fee" and "zero installation cost". They use questions like... Is your family's security worth an extra 5 cents a day? It's all about "savvy marketing", and in this instance, the "technicians" are the "point men". The customer sees them as the "experts" and they don't waste any time "pointing out" the "holes" in the customer's security. They're trained to ask questions that are carefully phrased to make a "no" answer as painful as a root canal.

Unfortunately they're probably still under contract. One of those "term agreements" that you hate so much. I'm surprised AlarmFarce hasn't come after you for tortuous interference. ;-)

Websites like yours are wonderful educational tools. I'm glad to see you care so much. Now where's that link to

formatting link
??

Reply to
Frank Olson

RHC: Yeah, I don't doubt it for a second. High pressure sales, fear based selling...all the best things our industry has to offer....:(((

RHC: No, I don't ever interfere with any client's (er..victims) long term contract. They must be free and clear of any foolishness of that sort. In most cases with previous Alarmforce's clients, these people have finally seen the light and dumped them after the contract was up. In several instances, it was after doing some reading on my site (chuckle)

RHC: Go to "

formatting link
" and scroll to the bottom of the page. There she be buy !! (that's Newfie talk in case you didn't recognize it)

Reply to
tourman

There's a huge difference with AlarmFarce though. Dealing with a pushy salesman, while difficult for some people, is nothing compared to dealing with a *technician* who's been professionally schooled in the art of "upselling". You've already made the decision to install their equipment and the guy is right there doing the job. The rest is Bass play.

to

formatting link
??>

:-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.