More Help With Siren !!

Ive installed a new Siren and it works fine now except that when i trip the alarm the siren doesn sound???? I do the Bell Test and it Sounds fine and i can make it go off manually but for some reason it wont go ff when the Alarm is tripped. Any Idea??

Reply to
Flreggaema
Loading thread data ...

Are you sure you're actually tripping the alarm?? Have you allowed the exit delay to expire??

Reply to
Frank Olson

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

and since it's a 2500... wasn't there a fuse for the siren on the board too?

might wanna check that too

Reply to
shady

"Bingo"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yah but didn't he have voltage at the terminals?

Maybe swinger shunt?

| >>.... and did you make sure that the zones are programmed to activate the | >>siren. | >>

| >

| >

| > and since it's a 2500... wasn't there a fuse for the siren on the board too? | >

| > might wanna check that too | >

| >

| | | "Bingo"... |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I think he also said that the bell test function sounds the siren, that would also mean that the fuse is OK.

Assuming that the bell test function does sound the siren, my guess is that either he didn't wait for the exit delay to expire or tried to trip a home/away zone.

If thats not it then the zone programming should be checked or it could be that the board itself is defective

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Thanks , I tripped the alarm correctly and the Keypad Sounds but no Siren. There are no trouble Codes, I dont have a manual that tells me how to do the actual programming, just what the owners manual tells me, basic stuff, not technical stuff. Im pretty sure its a minor Programming thing, but im pretty much out of options now, apart from hitting random buttons and hoping for the best, There is one other quirk that wasnt present prior to this, When i Turn on the Door Chime feature, It 'chimes' not only when i open doors or windows but also everytime the motion detector senses someone ??? Apart from these 2 problems everything seems perfect and there is no trouble code showing. I might have to break down and call a Tech, unless someone knows how to fix this !!!!!

Reply to
Flreggaema

My recollection of the 2500 is that the keypad sounds on entry delay, not on an alarm, are you sure you have a 2500?, in an earlier post you mentioned about the terminals being labelled SPKR, I recall the terminals being labelled as BELL, not SPKR on the 2500.

If the motion chimes when activated then either the programming has been changed or the motion detector wires have been moved to a zone programmed as a perimeter zone. Have you changed or attempted to either change or default the programming ?. The 2500 is very easy to program and you be able to find a programming manual for it if you google.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Umm Frank if the bell test function works it isn't the fuse, my guess is he programmed all his zones with a 1 or 3 as the first digit

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.