looking for camera recommends

Hay...

I need a couple of color, outdoor, low lux cameras...to connect with Cat 5. Front door, rear door residential setup, under patio covers but outside. Need to modulate them to two different cable TV channels...nothing real fancy here.

Any ideas?

tnx

R.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Hi Crash. I did the same project a few months ago but did not find anything which Cat 5 could power. I purchased three of these and have had a great luck with them, although the wire is a bit thinker (video plus separate power feed).

formatting link

Reply to
brettjbyers

Thanks,

I;ll probably end up going with Greyfox, but wanted to see if there were any alternatives. The homeowner only ran Cat 5 to fd & rd and the house is a flattop, so running cable now is not gonna happen.

R.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

formatting link
|

For the life of me i cant remember which product line had it. But i have seen some domes that come factory with cat5 connections for video and power. ill see if i have the specs at work tommorow. but they are available

Reply to
Devin

I'd appreciate it ... thanks.

| > I;ll probably end up going with Greyfox, but wanted to see if there were any | > alternatives. The homeowner only ran Cat 5 to fd & rd and the house is a | > flattop, so running cable now is not gonna happen. | >

| > R. | >

| >

| >

| For the life of me i cant remember which product line had it. But i have | seen some domes that come factory with cat5 connections for video and | power. ill see if i have the specs at work tommorow. but they are available

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you can't find suitable network cameras, try something like this:

formatting link
It will let you feed video cleanly over a twisted pair, and you can use another pair for power. That'll leave you two more pairs for whatever else you want :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

I have a couple of small cams that are connected using cat3 phone wire (video, power, and ground). You could try the cat5 and see if it works. Analog cams can usually operate more than 100' on such a wiring setup.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.