Looking at wireless systems

Cutting the phone line does not disarm the alarm. Some alarm panels can be programmed to monitor the phoneline and set off an alarm (sometimes annoying), alarms that don't have the feature built in to the panel a module can be added to do this. However, neither will fix the transmission problem due to the downed phone line.

You can add celemetry type of backup (Uplink) or full cellphone backup. You can't talk on the Uplink. The drawback is that you have to have a wholesale account to install and program these systems. But, your central station will recieve the alarm if the pots line is cut...provided you have cell service in your area.

Soooo...you can buy equipment, install & program it yourself but probably not the long range radio backup.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®
Loading thread data ...

I am reviewing various wireless alarm systems in the US. I want to purchase the system, so I own and do my own install, as I may be moving in the near future. I can get monitoring for around $9.00 per month, regardless of where I move.

Are there any systems that are not dependent on the house phone line, if the phone lines are cut. This cutting disarms the system from the monitoring phone?

What wireless system do you recommend? Thanks,

Tut

Reply to
Bob

NONE.

Wireless alarm systems fail during Radio Frequency Interferences (RFI) without warning to the owner or CS and nothing can prevent it. RFI exist all around but due to the low power transmitted by the sensors the signal is "overwritten" or interfered easily in wireless alarm systems.

TEST YOURS or the one you like to purchase, get a FCC/CE approved transmitter... : For all 434MHz or 868 MHz types of wireless alarm : systems you can get for a few boxes a transmitter who allow : you to generate and test on RFI:

formatting link
formatting link
or consult Radio magazines.

RFI is unavoidable and can't be rejected, its a external received signal reception conflict...

Reply to
-pull

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.