Ka -Bosch Ka -Bosch DuMP DuMP

Ah supporting the Mexican economy eh? Yah that Omni stuff is nice high end product :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Which Omni panel and why?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I think he's referring to the new FBI Omni series and not the Home Automation stuff, and explain which components on the board support the American economy? :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Another radionics and DMP into the dumpster. Customers glad to see them gone and replaced with Honeywell Vista and FBII Omni control.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Nick,

What was the customers complaint about Radionics/DMP's stuff???

Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Yah I know...I installed an Omni 408 abt 6 months ago...talk about CHEEP...sheesh.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yah it's pretty hard to push any of the 4 top row buttons to silence a trouble on a DMP (ANY of 4 buttons)...or to say YES to: "Bypass ?" when something is opened and you want to bypass?

Sounds like whomever programmed the DMP doesn't know the product - or whomever instructed the users doesn't know the product.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I would agree on the radx though.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Customers complained panels to complicated to operate in the one buisness the panel was hardly ever used becuse employees had hard time bypassing an ocassional door when plant was working late etc. also when fire alarm went off one time no one could remeber how to shut it off. too many commands and buttons to push.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Sounds like they wouldn't even be able to get money out of an ATM machine either. You'd have to be pretty dumb to not be able to read a DMP Keypad. But hey, if they went with an Ademco panel....say no more, it explains it all.

Reply to
Jackcsg

Yah what do I do when the keypad is displaying Enter Code: ______ ? or...Rear Door - Bad .... Bypass ?

DUH.

I can't tell ya how many times I tell people to Push Any Top Row Button...what do you mean push ANY button on the top row...YES push any button to silence the trouble...you mean ANY button on the top row? Yes dammit just push the button Bob !!!

Those are really tough questions to answer I guess.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You can tell them their pass word is

IDONO

OR

tell them to shout into the phone "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE" .... and slam the phone down.

Reply to
Jim

I had a person pushing the zone lights on a DSC once, he didn't realise the keypad had a door that covered the buttons.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Good one! That's be the same guy that uses his CD burner as a cup holder.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If the customer can understand the concept of an ATM machine it's really not as hard as you make it sound.

Compare adding a code in Ademco with adding/changing/deleting a code with DMP - DMP is far easier...if a code is in use the keypad will tell you with Ademco...nothing happens or maybe it does. With DMP if the client understands the basic concept of a menu they can figure anything out.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thats just a slightly revised XL-20 however the higher end panels are new designs. I was more curious why he put in an Ademco and an FBI, people usually stick with one brand/model

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've known people who've had a hard time understanding a Simon panel which walks you through about everything via voice

Some people just aren't electronic-friendly

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The LESS keystrokes the system requires the BETTER......... Four digits off, Four digits on... Always program interior zones for Auto-bypass, if an entry/exit door isn't violated during the exit time the motions will be shunted by the panel automatically... Again, Four digits off, Four digits on :-))

Now, if I can find a way to program the customer to NOT forget his/her password....... :-(

Reply to
Russell Brill

Point is, it isn't intuitively obvious that you push an unmarked button to silence a trouble. If DMP were smart, they'd mark a button "SILENCE."

And you've got to admit that DMP sucks big time when it comes to resetting a smoke detector. They're the worst in the industry for that. For those of you who don't know DMP, this is how you reset a smoke:

1. Press COMMAND. The display says "ARM DISARM."
  2. Press COMMAND again. The display says "MENU NO YES." Press the key underneath the word YES.
  3. The display says "ENTER CODE: " Enter your code, then push COMMAND.
  4. The display says "ALARM SILENCE?" Press COMMAND.
  5. The display says "SENSOR RESET?" Assuming you realize that a smoke detector is a sensor, you've come to the right place. Press any of the unmarked keys in the top row.
  6. Congratulations! You've managed to reset a smoke detector on a DMP panel.

By contrast, here is how you reset a smoke detector on an Ademco panel:

1. Enter your code and push the OFF key.

Even that's not good enough. Why can't manufacturers include keys labeled "SILENCE" and "RESET."

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

talking about customers... I have one lady customer who, when I tried to explain that the two-pin power (250VAC) plug on her video entry-intercom is loose in its adaptor and she could either get a new adaptor or change to a better 3-pin type plug just backed off and COULD not understand....sort of technophobic?

Reply to
Ken Bleeker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.