How to locate 22/4 jacketed buried in wall.

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: I0K8j.3452$c82.1241@trnddc01...

That's total BS, the last time you installed something digital photography was not something the usual customer could have..maybe photo-reporter and such professional,but someone like you could not even dream about digital photo...

Reply to
Petem
Loading thread data ...

A friend of mine that used to do construction used to fight with drywallers all the time because they covered up boxes etc so his solution was to looking for his wires after telling the owner . He would take his hammer and make a hole starting at around 6 feet ( looking for a plug box) and a sheet would have around 20 holes before he got to plug height . Ive seen him do it and i would stand there pissin myself . He has never played well with others. but 1 of 2 things happened

1 it stopped happening or 2 it got worse ( usually much worse) Pete Edm>ABLE_1 wrote:
Reply to
PE

UPDATE!!

I had an issue today that required me to redo my blown rig. Then I realized that I had a 10 ohm wirewound load resistor across the leads at the output of the siren driver that I forgot to mention previously. I was using a driver board from a dead flush mount ATW siren. Driver was good but the speaker was dead. It is the long skinny board that is mounted on the grill.

Again make sure the wire you are looking for is not shorted before hooking up.

If you have the time and want to experiment a bit try this.

I used one of these.

formatting link
Depending upon the siren driver try putting two of the above in parallel. It will give 5 ohm load. It should make for a stronger output thus a greater distance or range. May not be necessary but it would depend on your challenge.

Today my challenge was to find a open cavity from the 2nd floor to the a basement crawl space. I took a box of 22/2 and stripped the end of the wire. Taped back one lead and stripped the insulation off the other about

3" worth. Used a 1" spade bit as a weight and looped the bare wire thru the hole in the spade bit, this would make a bigger target. Taped it off and dropped the bit into the open cavity. Then connected my new tool at the box tab end of the wire coil. Went to the basement with my probe and the tone was audible in a 12" - 14" area with a very loud sweet spot. Job done!!!

Hope this helps someone in a jamb.

Good luck and someone let me know how the 4 or 5 ohm resistor works.

Later,

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.