DVR card advice

Bought a cheap £8 dvr card off ebay from HK and it works but all the buttons have ???? on them so its confusing

So splashed out £90 on a DVR card from maplin phew , its ok but nowt special and it seems to have a line going through the pictur constanlty that the cheap card does not suffer from

Looking for a card for 4 wired camera system

Any body any thougths , anyone came across a all singing all dancing super duper card that SUPREME value for money

Reply to
Espaceman
Loading thread data ...

Hi MAN,

you in uk.

Micky, Leeds. U.K.

Reply to
Micky Savage

Lorex makes one that's cheap and works great, also comes with nice software... kinda surprised me actually

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Is that a DVR re: CCTV .... DVR? or Personal DVR

Whichever ...... what are some of the features?

Reply to
Jim

With regard to the "line" that you're seeing, do you have all your power cords plugged into the same AC electrical phase? Cameras use the 50/60 cycle AC to sync there signals on. If the cameras are plugged into a different phase than the computer or from each of the cameras, you might wind up with a line across they screen. Also, if I remember right, you run on 50 cycles there. The board my be a 60 cycle board. I don't know if you have polarized AC plugs on your camera power supplies or computer or not, but sometimes reversing them can help. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Reply to
Jim

cctv dvr. I buy refurbished lease-return Dell Optiplex computers put the 4 camera Lorex card and software in and we're off to the races.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

So ???? What are all the advantages over just buying a DVR?

Reply to
Jim

I think it works out cheaper and more versatile...you can still use the machine for other stuff if you wanted to. Plus, I can fix a computer.

I can buy a monster Optiplex with 19" monitor for 300-400 bucks, cant get a decent dvr for that.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

And how much is the board, cables and what ever else is needed? Does it include a transfer disk or flash drive capable? Remote access and control? All the functions of a dedicated DVR or some limitations? Where does one get an Optiplex and the board?

ie. Total cost?

Reply to
Jim

The card runs under 100 bucks wholesale, with the software.

Like I said I buy refurbished lease returns from a local guy I've known for years. Optiplex is Dell line of product...very ruggedly built. The ones I buy are several years old that's why they're cheap. The guy I buy from sells only wholesale but I've seen other guys on the internet so you should be able to find someone with Google.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hiya

Im having difficulty finding sources to purchase LOREX branded DVR cards in the $100 range

Any duggestions ?

PAUL

Reply to
Espaceman

That's wholesale.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Tiger Direct has it for 80 bucks

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.