DLS Software taking forever?

Using DLS 2002 to upload a 4020 v3.5 panel. Panel was programmed on sight, and just uploading a copy. It's been uploading for an hour, and it's about 80% or so done. Is that normal?

Reply to
Michael
Loading thread data ...

Yep. The good thing is that any minor changes you make can be updated quickly.

Jim Rojas

Michael wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

The 4020 is a "kludge" to upload/download remotely. It's taken upwards of two hours to do on some of our installs. It's one of the reasons we decided to go with a dedicated access control system rather than a panel that can do "everything". The 4020 also has some issues with the "anti-passback" feature (which has also been discussed in this group).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thats not considered "forever"

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Michael
45 to 50 minutes for a full upload. Same for full download. I hate 'em. Good thing we can't use them here in this CP-01 world anymore.
Reply to
Roland Moore

No see "forever" means it never ends

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Speaking of which, is there a new Maxsys panel to go along with the rest of the new DSC panels this year? All I've seen online are the new 1616, 1832, and 1864. If so, I'd hope they would be a lot faster, although that is a lot of information to transfer considering the miserable modem speeds used.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

Nope.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You mean the new(ish) GS3050-I GSM's? I wouldn't know. We ordered one to try it out since we still have a bunch of SkyRoute's and AlarmNet's to replace. Turns out Voxcom won't support them.

Another thing the Voxcom won't do anymore... GE's Allegro. As much as I like the panel (over the Simons anyway), the DTIM dialer isn't reliable enough.

Reply to
CH®IS

Reply to
Roland Moore

Anybody with an IP receiver will be able to support the GS3055i.

IMHO, GS3055i is one of the better option out there currently, if not the best.

Reply to
AJ

Nope, maybe thats why they released the v4.2 1616/1832/1864 panels with more user codes?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

But how many will go that option when everyone else can still deliver over land lines?

Alarm.com and Honeywell can do both IP and land-line to the central station, why can't DSC?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There is no reason not to get into IP monitoring nowadays.

Reply to
A.J.

No doubt but many central stations aren't setup for it AND it would at least give an additional path in the event of IP failure, Honeywell can do that as well as send it over radio

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That could be a good enough excuse for them. Out of the dozen or so Maxsys' I've worked on, there are at least two in town that aren't 832's just for the need of more codes.

Reply to
CH®IS

Make sure your modem is set to auto detect for the baud rate, and not at

Reply to
George Siegle

Reply to
Michael

AFAIK, the DSC modem doesn't do "56K"... What modem are you using??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.