DLS 2002 driver

Check it yourself, you idiot. There's not a single copied software program on my server.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Ad the "B" and the "S" in the normal places. Then tell me again there isn't any "copied software" on your server. You're a thief, Bass (and a liar/BullShit artist). "Attention Pirate! Go ahead make my day."

Reply to
Frank Olson

And you're the one that likes to pirate software. You're a thief and a liar.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Well this is a new one

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm sorry that I sparked up your PETTY FEUD. I am quite happy to pay for the driver. But it lookslike it may be easier to replace the whole system with one that I can program via a PC

Reply to
david

You didn't "spark" anything. Bass is clearly in the wrong. It's not a "petty" matter when someone takes it upon himself to distribute copyrighted material (regardless if it's "free" to him or not) and DSC doesn't "send" the software to end-users (they used to provide it on CD through their authorized distributors but now it's only available online).

Most manufacturers provide two sets of manuals as well. One's directed at the installer and the other at the end-user. These are freely available to both and supplied with the equipment (both are also available online but the former usually requires a "dealer login" to obtain). On the older systems it becomes problematic as they're either no longer supported, or the manufacturer's been "absorbed" by a larger entity (as in the case of "Contronic" and "C&K" to name a couple). Jim Rojas at

formatting link
maintains an extensive online library of manuals. He's generous to a fault and a Prince among men. He's often volunteered the manual a poster asks for "gratis" but usually charges a small fee for access to his site (and his extensive collection).

If you are an end-user, you won't be able to obtain the log-in necessary to access the Dealer section of the DSC site. Most Dealers view the software as something they should only have access to (DSC makes it abundantely clear that this is their intent by requiring the log-in). In fact, most (if not all) of the manufacturers require a log-in. You'll notice that Bass will "circumvent" the system any way he can (this includes pirating the software to his own site). He somehow believes this makes his site "better" than the other online stores and Dealers. He'll probably provide free downloads (or links) to other proprietory software if he figures out the way past the log-in requirement (case in point is the Napco software). There are a legion of reasons he isn't much respected by the installation community. If you have some time, "Google" him.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Bass may have you here. There is a link there, but the actual link does not seem to work. There is a bit of a gray area here, but if the link stays broken it's Bass

1, Frank 0, >>>Check "BassHome", moron.
Reply to
Roland Moore

I don't "keep score"... He's simply removed the software from his server now that I've pointed it out. He will, of course, now deny it was ever there, etc., but the mere fact that the links were there in the first place (and definitely pointing to the "basshome" server) confirms he's the sleazeball/liar/bullshit artist I've said he is. By the way, another individual that posted into the group looking for the software was directed (by Bass) to that page. You just haven't been paying attention.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Give it a break and let DSC do their own policing. I'm sure if DSC was really being harmed they would take action.

There are plenty of web sites that offer access to the DLS software and the DSC hardware installation manuals, and for me, DSC would never see my business if I had to go to pay "professionals" to configure and maintain my equipment. I am glad there are sources that offer this kind of information for the DIY'er.

Reply to
R-Guy

Pirate Robert L Bass and his parrot squawked:

The "moron" calls *me* an "idiot". Heh...

Not anymore. You've removed it. All the links are still there though as well as detailed instructions on how to download and install the software you PIRATED from DSC. You're a moron, Bass. You're also a thief, a liar, and a Putz. To top it off, it's all there in black and blue and white, in your own words or words "stolen" from DSC's website (until you actually remove that page as well). When you do, you'll have the temerity to call *me* a liar all the while denying it even existed. Typical BSOP (Bass Standard Operating Procedure) also known as the "Bass Triple D" (Duck, Deny, Deceive).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes, of course. Put your head in the sand and ignore the illegal activity going on around you. Do you condone "downloading movies", copying and distributing software programs to your friends? Does your neighbour have a "meth lab" or a "grow op"?? It's all "OK" to do as long as "no one get's hurt", right? Sure... let the people that develop the software and make the movies do "their own Policing". Let the cops do their jobs by themselves. Don't report a drunk driver (or one that's weaving all over the road because he's tired and too stupid to pull over to rest).

DSC doesn't want to "see your business". They don't offer support to end-users for good reason. I don't think they give "a fig" for your opinion. They're widely supported by honest and legitimate Dealers who understand the meaning of their EULA.

I'll bet you are.

Reply to
Frank Olson

PS: The software was also available at:

formatting link
You'll have to insert a "-" between "security and alarm", and "alarm and systems" to make the link I provided "work". The page still points to the execution files for the software on *his* server and includes all the detailed instructions (copied from DSC) on how to install the software.

Reply to
Frank Olson

PS: The software was also available at:

formatting link
You'll have to insert "B" and an "S" in the usual place to make the link I provided "work". The page still points to the execution files for the software on *his* server and includes all the detailed instructions (copied from DSC) on how to install the software.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You're lying, Olson. The links point nowhere. The software was never uploaded to my site.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If I was aware of a meth lab, grow-op, drunk driver, etc., I would report it to the proper authorities (RCMP in my case) and let them deal with. If I was in a store and saw someone shoplifting, I would inform a store employee. Whatever the case was I wouldn't spew in an Internet newsgroup thinking it might do anything to resolve the problem.

If you have a real concern that DSC is in some way being harmed, contact DSC with the details and let them decide how they want to deal with it.

What are the DSC's terms of the EULA for the DLS software? What DSC's are the distribution terms for thier documentation?

What's your real beef? Are you concerned that someone can get the job done without you getting your cut?

Reply to
R-Guy

But "the problem" has been resolved so "spewing" actually worked.

I did that the first time he tried pulling this stunt. The guys at DSC take a very "dim view" of this kind of activity. Within 23 minutes (I timed it), the links were "gone".

If, as you've indicated, you already have it, read it for yourself!

I don't think they give a "Bass' derriere".

My "beef" is with Bass. And no one can do my job as well as I can. I'm a "professional counter cleaner" (inside joke). :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Bingo!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I think Bass said "There's not a single copied software program on my server." So the "There's (or there 'is') is the question. Didn't we have a President that said something about it depends on what 'is' means?

Have you been taking to my ex wife or my grade school teachers?

Reply to
Roland Moore

Bass sock puppet, Frank

Reply to
Barney

it was there, Bass removed it after you nailed him, again.

Reply to
Barney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.