Compass problem

I'm told that when I get the error "panel disconnected after 30 seconds of inactivity", during the "Speed Change" phase that it's due to noisy lines or digital lines.

I'm using a Cardinal MB24EX with "standard modem type" listed in XP.

Any thoughts? I can't connect, but one of my colleagues can- which makes me think it has something to do with my setup.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten
Loading thread data ...

Thats more of a general error, it could be line noise then again it could be a problem with the modem or panel

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I found it.. It was going into the Windows XP control panel -> Ports

-> Comm1 -> advanced -> set both buffers to 'low'

Then a computer re-boot was a must, didn't work until I did.

Ya know.. This is really crap.. I'd gladly pay $40 more for a board that I could just connect to without jumping through hoops - and get a session done in seconds rather than 10 minutes. When are the alarm manufactures going to get out of 1975 technology?

You said you used the IP funtionality of Alarmnet-I to program panels right? How is that working for you?

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

Reply to
Roland Moore

You are one of the few who would pay that, most won't which is why it is this way

It's about 5x faster than by modem

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Do you connect serially to the modem or thru USB to Serial conversion?, I have found that few very specific USB to Serial adapters work

Reply to
Bob Wilson

Serial - from my desktop. I resolved it - had to lower the buffers for the serial port. Found a tech-note on the Honeywell site..

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

Yeah... Them pesky cereal buffers always get between my teeth. I like the honey well enough though...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.