Changes to Canadian monitoring contract law

Reply to
Roland More
Loading thread data ...

Yes, the southern USA has a totally different attitude towards firearms than the Eastern and Northern parts of the US. I can get my Florida concealed carry permit with a Florida drivers license and a Florida residence. The local sheriff down there (a shooting buddy) also said that if he signed for me, I didn't even need those qualifications; just pass a two hour test and pay my $30. I guess as much as I hate the gun laws in Canada, I am still very much a Canadian in my attitude towards carrying a firearm for use as a weapon. We don't need to do that here, and even if we wanted to, the law simply doesn't allow it. And I have no problem with that personally since I could never under any circumstances use a gun as a weapon against another person. It just ain't in me, and it also goes against every bit of safety training I've had over the last 40 years.....(and that's a bundle believe me....)

But using handguns as implements of sport, I can't see once I pass all the original qualifications to even own one in Canada (criminal background check, permission of your spouse, a two day safety course, gun safe for storage), why they continue to harass you when you simply want to move around from match to match. Christ, the damn things are unloaded and locked in a sealed case with a trigger lock on it, TWO padlocks on the case, and concealed in the trunk of a vehicle ! Give me a break....:(( I can't remember the last time someone shot anyone with an IPSC race gun (that looks more like something out of a Starwars movie). I guess it could be worse; I could live in Britain where the bastard politicians STOLE all the legal handguns in the name of public safety....@##$%%$#

I have been told by other experienced IPSC shooters who move around the world all the time, that the best way to cross into the USA is to also have a concealed weapons permit from either Florida or Utah, both of which cover the vast majority of other states. So if you get hassled at the Canada / USA border by Homeland Security (a law unto themselves it seems these days) even with the proper ATF permit, they ease up considerably if you have that type of permit as well. So I'll likely get one this winter when I am down there although I'll never use it......

Some days, I think I should take up a new sport...like tiddly winks. It seems there are only three things in life that are inevitable: death, taxes and bad gun laws..:((

RHC

Reply to
tourman

No, thanks. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yeah, I can understand that.

You can't own a firearm ANYWHERE because you're a convicted felon and in Texas, you'd be afraid someone would be able to shoot you for being such an asshole.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.