Business VOIP

Ok... any of you guys using VOIP for some or all of your business phone lines?

Who do you think is good?

Time Warner is finally getting their act together locally and providing a fair service, but they cost about the same as the local copper line provider. No real benefit there. 94% reliable vs 98% reliable for the same price. No benefit there.

I have a pretty good broadband connection so a third party VOIP provider may be considered also.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Did they port over your existing numbers or did you have to take what they gave?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

So far 8x8 is looking like one of the better providers. About $30 per line including taxes, fees, number portability. $55 per line for adaptors to analog. Or you can get into their IP phones on a per seat basis. Included features list is pretty impressive. I think I am going to kiss my copper line provider goodbye.

Sure beats $50+ from the cable co or the copper line guys.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

ewsfe06.iad...

Just remember internet goes down so do all the phones if your lines are crtical keep one or 2analog or have a back up voip provider like many of my customers have done.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Only copper line I have now is my home phone. Obviously I have cell phones, and my business lines just go to them or my e-fax service now. I'm thinking auto attendant service (included) will help weed out a lot of the junk and computerized calls that waste my time now.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Even though it cost more, I still use Verizon land line..... more than half of my customers have switched to VoIP, However, I call forward alarm signals to my centrals. It's worked great all these years so I don't want to mess with it now. $40.00 to $60.00 more a month for two call forwarding lines. Not that big a deal for the reliability. Haven't lost a dial tone since hurricane Gloria ... what? maybe 25-30 years ago? I've got customers that I've had to remove telephone line monitoring from their panels because Cable VoIP goes down a couple/few times a month in the middle of the night. I can't get though to anyone a Cable that is able (or willing ?) to explain why this happens in some areas and not others. I'll stick with hard wire until it becomes less reliable than it has been. I was thinking about switching to VoIP for my residence though. I just don't think about it often enough or at the right time, to make the call. I think that's due mainly because..... I don't want to hear someone make that inane statement that the "Technician will be at your home somewhere between 8AM and 8PM next Tuesday."

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.