Anyone using perimiter fence protection

He he he he :-) I'm glad you're feeling better. Or at least it sounds like it. :-) RW

Reply to
Roger W
Loading thread data ...

Uh, no. Obama never put our troops in harm's way based on a pack of lies. Obama is trying to undo the terrible damage that Bush did to our military personnel. For example, Bush left thousands of Iraq veterans without needed medical help. Obama won't do that. Unlike Bush, he actually cares about the men and women in uniform.

Bush never gave guidance. He just sent them in without a plan.

He's a politician, so no.

So far, so good.

That's a pretty strong choice of words. As I understand it, there was an error in his reporting which he admitted when his accountants discovered it. He paid the IRS in full, including interest and penalties.

I noticed that one (SC I think) senator tried to hold up the appointment of a bona fide war hero who lost both her legs when her helicopter was shot down over Iraq from appointment to the VA. This is a woman who is revered by veterans of all parties but a Republican senator held up her appointment for weeks without cause.

Obama never proposed that.

That's not even physically possible using current technology.

Great idea.

No such law is proposed.

Just what the doctor ordered.

I'm unsure what either of those terms means. It appears that Obama, unlike Bush, actually cares about America and Americans. Is he perfect? No chance. Will he make mistakes? Sure. The difference is he's basically an honest person (to the degree that one can expect from a politician). Bush is a liar who slew thousands of American troops on the altar of his own ego. Obama is brilliant, yet humble whereas Bush was stupid, yet arrogant.

I'm in favor of centralizing power in Sarasota.

Those guys, American heros, were abandoned by Bush and just about every previous administration. Obama is finally trying to do something to help them out.

So do I. That doesn't get me anything special in this life -- only in the next.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
KingFish

re grid during

. =EF=BF=BDWhile

The Lighting company on Long Island NY (they keep changing their name, so I don't know what it is right now .... might be LIPA) has been using this technology for a few years now. I have a number of clients with very large homes that have subscribed to the service in return for discounts on power bills. I don't know much about it but I know that it can be overridden if the subscriber wants it cooler. And I don't think they control the thermostats directly. Something to do with devices they attach directly to the cooling units. I remember one of my clients saying that they installed something in the attic, likely the RF receiver with maybe a device that intercepts the signal from the Tstat .... I donno....... I never looked into it.

Reply to
Jim

so I don't know what it is right now .... might be LIPA) has been using this technology for a few years now. I have a number of clients with very large homes that have subscribed to the service in return for discounts on power bills. I don't know much about it but I know that it can be overridden if the subscriber wants it cooler. And I don't think they control the thermostats directly. Something to do with devices they attach directly to the cooling units. I remember one of my clients saying that they installed something in the attic, likely the RF receiver with maybe a device that intercepts the signal from the Tstat .... I donno....... I never looked into it.

Cool! I didn't realize this was already being done. May I assume you agree there's no "Big Brother" in this though?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Just Looking

Let's hope not.

Watch it there, buster. Them's fightin' words. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I say that because .... a number of years ago, we were down in Florida visiting relatives and my wife and I wanted to go to (I think) Silver Springs. We pull into the parking lot and see the signs "handicap parking area ahead" ..... So we start to drive around the parking lot looking for a regular parking spot and before you know it we're about a 15/20 minute walk away from the entrance. Walking up to the entrance I see that there's what looked like about a hundred or two handicap parking places .......... and most of them occupied ............. and THAT's when I decided Florida wasn't for me. (At least not before I become handicapped, anyway.)

As I said .... too many old people down there.

Reply to
Jim

They've got "handicapped" parking, "new mother" parking, "parents" parking, "police" parking, "taxi" parking, "tourbus" parking... I'm still driving around looking for a slot that says: "big SUV gas guzzler and I don't give a shit for tree-huggin', carbon saving, vegans" parking...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Oh, you missed it. That space is clearly marked. It's right behind the dumpster.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yeah, I know. I see that h appen here too.

I don't begrudge the people who require the permits..... it's just that there's so many of them that qualify for them in Florida, which says alot about the populace. Up here, even in the largest parking lots, there's maybe a dozen or so designated parking slots and they're never all used. ( even by the people who don't have the permits!)

Reply to
Jim

I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

That would make a great sign!

Reply to
Jim

..- Hide quoted text -

We have a supermarket that has a sign that says: " Reserved for vehicles with children parking" So I thinking to myself, who lets their children park their cars?

RW

Reply to
Roger W

Changing the subject a bit, my favorite would be a sign in an elevator, "7 Button Does Not Work. Please press 3 and 4."

Reply to
Robert L Bass

g...- Hide quoted text -

You know those traffic warning signs that say ..... "Slow children ahead" .... well every time I see one, what always goes through my head is ..... I wonder if those children are related to the men being referred to in the .... "Slow men working" signs and if those children go to in the schools in the "Slow school ahead" signs.

Also .... every once in a while you come to a dip in the road and there'll be a sign beside the road that says "Bump". I can't help but wonder who decides that a certain bump is worthy enough to put a sign beside it .... or ..... why the hell they just don't fix the damn bump! Or .......... why they don't put the sign a few hundred feet in front of the bump instead of right up close to it.

Maybe they don't want to have a sign that says Slow bump ahead ..... it might confuse people who would wonder what a slow bump was.

Well .... anyway ...... don't give my any snide remarks. I've gotta do SOMETHING to keep my mind occupied while I'm driving.

Reply to
Jim

Glad to help. We gave the Republicans a chance at running things and the results have been disastrous. I don't know if Obama's plan will work or not, but I sure hope it does. Either way, we know for a fact that Bush's methods failed miserably on every front.

Compared to the previous administration's methods which destroyed 5 million jobs, I'd say the plan is a plus.

OK, I'll grant you that.

There's a huge difference between microeconomics (that which affects a single home or a single small business) and macroeconomics (that which pertains to the overall economy. While it may seem logical to believe that what applies to the one should also apply to the other, that's usually not the case. If you have only a little savings and you lose your job, you'd be crazy to spend using credit cards. But if the whole economy is down, the only way to bring it back is to create low and middle income jobs, even if that means operating in the red for a time. If *everyone* refuses to spend, there will be no jobs for anyone. When we gave huge tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans, they didn't trickle it down to the middle class. They hid it away in offshore accounts, spent some on mega-mansions, etc. When we create jobs for lower income families, they take the moneyt and spend it. That gives stores and restaurants more business. That sells stuff like cars and houses. And that, in turn, creates more jobs. The cycle goes on.

My accountant says that my taxes will actually go down under Obama's plan. The again, I don't net $250,000. If you're over that, expect to pay a few percent more than last year.

Having received some of the auto-calls from both the Bush and McCain campaigns, I can tell you the methods *they* used were disgusting.

Burr is the one who was playing games. Unfortunately, the ones who paid for it were American veterans (you know, the "troops").

Yep.

We couldn't find anyone interested in the State job who wasn't a documented liar. What we did get is someone who has good working relationships and strong friendships with more heads of state than I could even name. That's a far sight better than any of the clowns Bush hired.

Yep. Using the CDC's website, I found that on average, more than 12 children are killed every day by guns. This, and not the left nor the "One World Government", is the reason gun control efforts keep coming to the fore.

How sad. The reality is that kids will always find a way to get at something they're not supposed to touch. The only safe gun is one they can't reach. A secure gun cabinet and/or good trigger locks would save a lot of lives.

Absolutely!

I suspect most of the rest will be forthcoming. Once you open the flood gates it's really hard to close them again.

To create a union? Sorry, but I disagree. If more than half the workers want a union, let them have one.

Historically, this has not been the case.

Again, the proposed statute does not eliminate secret ballots. Either you misunderstand the wording of the act or you're intentionally being obtuse (sound familiar?)

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Of course they did. Both major parties looted the treasury.

It cracks me up to hear B.O. anguishing over the deficit he inherited when the first thing he did was triple it.

When the jobs start. Haven't heard of any yet.

You would think that with all the money supposedly being spent on infrastructure projects Caterpillar wouldn't still be laying off.

You remember Caterpillar, that was the place Obama lied about what the CEO told him.

Which is why I think that by simply not collecting the taxes (and not screwing folks on the other end like the current withholding scheme) in the first place is the way to go.

It puts a couple hundred dollars directly into the pockets of the low/middle income folks right now. Money they, as you pointed out, would spend in stores, restaurants, and other places which would stimulate the economy immediately - saving and creating jobs.

They way they are doing it, well, let's just say that it would be great if it does work the way he says it will. I will be more than happy to admit I was wrong - but I don't have a lot of confidence in the theory.

Except they are going to let the bush tax cuts expire which will raise taxes on the middle class.

Non-sequitur. Disgusting and typical of both major parties, it doesn't address the fact that many Obama voters hadn't a clue as to his positions.

Refusal to admit facts doesn't mean they don't exist.

Besides if I have my facts straight, The United States Senate confirmed Duckworth as Assistant Secretary of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs for the United States Department of Veterans Affairs on April 22, 2009.

See, once the questions were answered he stopped holding it up. I'm not saying you won't find such shenanigans on the part of republicans, just that this one doesn't sound like one.

How about someone with a shred of credibiilty that we didn't have to be ashamed of.

I won't hold my breath. I understand that some of the still classified memos may contain information that won't support the current actions.

On the other hand it, if the statute is applied fairly, it could be fun watching Pelosi try to defend her support of water-boarding.

formatting link
formatting link

I agree, but the only truly fair way to find out if half the workers really want one is to hold a secret ballot.

That makes no sense. Upon what history do you base this?

No, but perhaps you are (either condition). If the statute is passed then unions can be imposed *WITHOUT* a secret ballot.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.