Another inept Bush pal leaves FEMA

no not really, but the illegal immigrants can certainly go back to their own country of original for anything other than emergency treatment - but that's another issue aint it.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

and they will if we have to keep fixing and feeding everyones problems

Reply to
Crash Gordon

bet they use their welfare check to buy meth instead of food for grandma

| > >

| >

| > Tennessee manufactures more meth than they do. | >

| > Bob | | See? Louisiana and Mississippi are so poor they can't even make enough meth | labs, you guys in Tennessee are so lucky :) | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

BULLSHIT.

You wouldn't believe how much I had to borrow to pay for my son's college, and this year we got even less money from financial aid than last year. I'll be freeking working till I'm 90 to pay off these loans. Ha...try and get help if you're middleclass! The poor get the aid and the rich just write out a check for full tuition. The middleguys get screwed big time - and I mean big time.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

See? Louisiana and Mississippi are so poor they can't even make enough meth labs, you guys in Tennessee are so lucky :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yup, with all the available help from public and private organizations, all the programs, all the shelters and they'd rather beg

Reply to
Mark Leuck

i went to college in NY and i had to pay triple what residents did .. and ofcourse us foreignors get no assistance when it comes to paying for college... from our gov or yours, locally or there ;-)

Bahamians that go "away" to college in the US normally have what we would call "rich" parents (hmmm, lets see, money made from ripping off the poor!), though alot of times it can also be scholarships, and even religious colleges (i think they charge less?). I went to a Community college and was still more than I could afford .. dropped out after 1 semester .. too expensive for my blood :-) Basically unless you can legally work for money (eg have family there, etc) or have money already, its impossible for a bahamian to go away to college, plenty do though .. we just pay out our ass .. and our local college is a joke. spent 2 years there going to te beach and drinking all day!

Reply to
cctvbahamas

---------------------------------------------- Crash Gordon

and they will if we have to keep fixing and feeding everyones problems

----------------------------------------------

true ... always been that issue with welfar, in the US and UK .. But yall still doing a way lot better than most other countries .. :-)

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Yes, for lack of a better word...more like bait and switch. And all financial aid means is that you get to freekin borrow a ton of money at a low rate. Last year it was 4.1%, this year it's 6.something%. It's not "aid" really...I will be in my 60's when I have to start paying the principal, its screwed.

The first year he got 6k "teaser" grant and some work-study and took 5K loan - the rest of the 40K I had to borrow.

The second year (this year) he got 3K of the now 45K it cost to go there and NO work-study. Then he borrowed 5K and I have to borrow the rest.

In the mean time there are kids at his school with grades not as good as his, who come from "less advantaged positions in life" and from other countries that get FULL rides. How is that fair? I've worked my freekin butt off and so has he getting 3.8 gpa all through high school & 1st year of college, paying oodles of taxes, and keeping people employeed for 20 years and we get a pittance and less qualified kids get full rides. They only have to keep a C gpa to keep their aid..big freekin deal. We reward the wrong people in this country. Why do they deserve full rides, with less qualifications? Because they're from disadvantaged homes (or whatever)...I'm gonna be in the poor house paying this off...then they can support me I guess. This country has it's head up its butt.

Its bullshit.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

More than triple what Clinton spent.

| >

| > The Republican party has consistently sought to degrade or | > eliminate all forms of federal aid to the poor. This is one of | > the reasons why I believe they are trying to turn the US into a | > 3rd world state -- knowingly or through sheer stupidity. | > -- | >

| > Regards, | > Robert L Bass | >

| > Bass Burglar Alarms | > The Online DIY Store | >

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

kids should pay for their own college ... just IMO .. they should work and pay for it .... at least they should know what it means to work, then poe old crash could maybe afford some of my Extreme CCTV cameras ;-)

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Typical liberals, they want to give all your money away to the poor! LOL.

Reply to
Karl Magnus

I'm not at all surprised that ol' Joe gets his news from Newsmax, the least reliable news media organization in the country. Here's a quote from an article on Newsmax and its editor, Christopher Ruddy:

"Is NewsMax Corrupt?"

"Using the standards NewsMax itself applies to the New York Times, absolutely."

By Terry Krepel Posted 9/6/2002

"For an organization whose journalistic values hover pretty close to those of its Florida tabloid neighbors, NewsMax sure does get all hot and bothered about the journalistic standards of others..."

"... The NewsMax article concludes by saying 'it's no stretch at all' to call the New York Times corrupt. Which begs the question: If distortion of another's views is all it takes to be a 'corrupt institution,' what does that make NewsMax?"

"So corrupt it's the poster boy for a journalistic RICO statute."

"Proof? Let's take a quick tour of the ConWebWatch archives:"

" * It distorts reality by running only negative news about its political enemies and avoiding bad news about its political friends.

• it spent a lot of time misrepresenting Judicial Watch press releases as NewsMax stories.
  • NewsMax CEO Christopher Ruddy presented tabloid rumors as fact in stating the Clintons were selling their house in New York. Today, long after the story can be calling nothing but false, it remains on NewsMax, and it has never published a correction or apology. (Even the New York Times issued a clarification of its Kissinger article. When was the last time you saw NewsMax correct anything?)
  • NewsMax tried to distort reality even more than usual immediately after the Sept. 11 attacks by ham-handedly denouncing anything that could be remotely construed as criticism of President Bush with terms starting with 'anti-Americanism' and going all the way to 'treason.'"

"NewsMax's use of willful misrepresentation (that phrase is getting a workout here, isn't it?) continues as we speak in its distortion of remarks made by Bill Clinton to plug its latest anti-Clinton book. One recent headline promoting the book on NewsMax's front page declared, 'Clinton Blamed America, Christians for 9-11.' He, of course, did no such thing; he cited unpleasant events in American history such as slavery and the taking of land from Native Americans as an example of the long history of terror even as he expressed his support to President Bush's antiterror efforts. Even the Wall Street Journal defended Clinton on this, sort of. NewsMax would rather sell books than tell the truth."

"NewsMax is so consumed by its biases and distortions that it no longer sees them for they are, if indeed it ever did. An example of this is a Sept. 3 column by Ruddy in which he notes that 'A left-wing magazine recently made some snide remarks about NewsMax, noting that we are the heirs to the ideological legacy of Ronald Reagan.' (What, Ruddy is suddenly offended by snide remarks?) The commentary to which Ruddy refers appeared in February in the American Prospect, and Ruddy distorts it horribly. That commentary, by Brendan Nyhan, never declared NewsMax 'heirs to the ideological legacy of Ronald Reagan'; it cites NewsMax as proof that 'the right's cynical exploitation of Ronald Reagan's legacy has always been something of a race to the bottom' and adding that 'it's certainly questionable that (Reagan) would endorse NewsMax ... as the key to his legacy.'"

"Then there's the occasional actual legal question involved, as with its recent overenthusiastic promotion of the re-election of New Hampshire Sen. Bob Smith. NewsMax toned it down considerably in recent days (not that ConWebWatch is taking credit...), but the 'intellectual slovenliness' it employs in the service of its ideology is apparently too inbred to be stopped."

"The lead of a Sept. 1 story gushes that 'The latest statewide poll in New Hampshire shows U.S. Sen. Bob Smith in a virtual tie against challenger Congressman John Sununu.' That's the last we hear of that poll in the story, the rest of which is dedicated to describing Smith's latest ad campaign. The poll statistics nor the poll's conductor are never mentioned.

Wherever it was conducted, it wasn't in a New Hampshire that exists in this particular universe, if another poll is any indication. This one, conducted in conjunction with New Hampshire's top TV station, puts Sununu a whopping 22 points ahead of Smith.

"NewsMax is journalistically corrupt, all right -- but in an incompetent, John Gotti Jr. kind of way."

formatting link
The following identifies NewsMax' Ruddy for what he is -- an extremely biased, right-wing jerk using his phony news organization to forward his own political goals:

"NewsMax

(Redirected from Newsmax)

NewsMax.com is an American news website with an unabashedly right-wing bias in its selection and presentation of news. The website's parent company, NewsMax Media, also publishes a monthly magazine, NewsMax which claims 300,000 subscribers.

On the weekend of October 30-31, NewsMax sponsored the movie "Stolen Honor" as a paid advertisement on some PAX network affiliates. The anti-Kerry movie "Stolen Honor" had been scheduled to air on the 62 Sinclair Broadcast Group outlets in late October 2004, but was withdrawn by Sinclair due to possible financial and legal repercussions on the company.

Newsmax Media is a privately held company. According to MediaMatters, the right-wing financier Richard Mellon Scaife owns

7.2% of the company."

formatting link

Here's more on Ruddy and his mentor, Scaife (another paranoid right-wing nutcase):

"Posted 11:30 PM by Scoobie

What Democrats Face from the Scaife Internet Network

I agree with Al Franken in his book Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right (click here to buy the book and support this site) that right-wing billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife set the tone of political discourse for the last decade. Scaife has funded numerous ?journalists? who planted stories in the mainstream media that supported Scaife?s paranoid conspiratorial world view. Most prominent was Scaife?s role in the discredited story that Bill Clinton was responsible for the death of Vince Foster. Scaife is also a devoted believer of the Free Republic staple and urban legend, the Clinton Body Count, the belief that Bill Clinton is responsible for the murder of dozens of people. Scaife is also responsible for the phony Troopergate scandal?in which Scaife-paid Arkansas troopers were paid by Scaife to spin lurid stories to Scaife-paid journalists/operatives. This incestuous relationship between parties paid by Scaife (who act as if they are working independently), is a common Scaife tactic. Scaife?s paranoid memes has metastasized largely because of the vast amounts of money that Scaife has used to pay people to promote his conspiracy theories.

Scaife?s Current Internet Network

Several of the Scaife-subsidized veterans of the Clinton wars are involved in the contemporary Internet community. The three most prominent are Joseph Farah, Christopher Ruddy, and David Horowitz. These three represent Scaife?s influence on the web. Those of you familiar with my site know that I half-jokingly refer to the trio as the Scaife Monkey-boy Triumvirate (I use the term ?monkey-boy? because the activities of this trio remind me of the episode of The Simpsons titled ?Homer vs. Dignity? in which a cash-strapped Homer is paid by the rich, malevolent Mr. Burns to be Burns? prank-monkey who demeans himself and the townspeople of Springfield). Let me discuss each separately.

Christopher Ruddy

Christopher Ruddy was a reporter for the New York Post in the early 1990?s. Ruddy was fired by the Post in 1994 for slipshod reporting?an indignity that Michael Tomasky called ?a pretty good working definition of embarrassing.? Shortly thereafter, Ruddy got a job at Scaife?s Tribune-Review where he continued his shoddy reporting that suggested that the Clintons were involved in the death of Vince Foster. Ruddy and others dared the news program 60 Minutes to report on his reporting; 60 Minutes took Ruddy up on his offer and tore major holes in his reporting, detailing how Ruddy was wrong on elementary and key parts of his theory such as when Ruddy incorrectly identified Foster?s handedness. Ruddy?s shoddy Scaife-subsidized reporting was presented as fact to tens of millions of Americans by figures such as Rush Limbaugh, Roger Ailes, and current Solicitor General Ted Olson. Now, even the hard right is embarrassed of Ruddy?s reporting on the matter; author Ann Coulter in Slander referred to Ruddy?s book on Foster?s death a ?conservative hoax book? (click here for an amusing consequence of this admission). Ruddy now runs the right-wing web site and print magazine Newsmax.

Joseph Farah

During the 1990?s, Farah was the head of a Scaife front group, The Western Journalism Center, which Farah attempted to present as an impartial think tank devoted to the advancement of journalism. The main duty of WJC during the 1990?s was to promote Ruddy?s coverage of Foster?s death. Farah supported Ruddy?s incompetent journalism even after 60 Minutes exposed it. By paying both Farah and Ruddy (Ruddy to do the ?reporting? and Farah to act as the head of an impartial journalistic group concerned about the supposed suppression of Ruddy?s ?findings?), Scaife had created an incestuous news chain. To people who didn't know about the relationship between Scaife, Ruddy, and Farah, it appeared as if these were two independent sources exposing a cover-up when, in fact, Farah and Ruddy are paid by the same man to spin the same tale. Farah now runs the web site WorldNetDaily where he has also supported Scaife delusions such as the Clinton Body Count (When I confronted Farah about his support for the notorious ?Clinton body count? conspiracy theory, Farah lied and claimed that he had nothing to do with it).

In addition, Farah was an expert witness for Clinton Chronicles hoaxer Pat Matrisciana in his libel suit Farah also has ties to another depraved billionaire, Sun Myung Moon."

formatting link
Want facts, Joe? Forget Ruddy and his shoddy tabloid. Go buy yourself a subscription to the New York Times. Knowing how unsuccessful you are, I'd pay for the subscription but we can't start offering assistance to the poor around here. Maybe I'll send you a nice, new shovel (complete with operating instructions) for Christmas.

Tchau, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh, so you got financial aid?

But you just said you got financial aid. That does qualify as "help" as best I can tell.

I don't know where on the financial spectrum you fall, but if you're a typical alarm installer you're in the "lower middle class". If you're Joe, make that the "without" class. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Interesting how you quote an attack piece from a liberal with mediamatters.org about a conservative online magazine

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Robert, its definately not as bad as michael moore's and moveon's misguided ramble ..

Reply to
cctvbahamas

The good ones make in excess of $200.00 a day, drive new SUV's to "work", and write self-help books....

Reply to
Frank Olson

No, but that probably explains the rattling sound you hear when you ride your "bent" down your driveway....

Reply to
Frank Olson

Your problem was that you were here legally.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

In his mind it is

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.