Alexor

I went to training on the new Alexor line from DSC. It seems that you can hire installers now for $7.25 and issue him or her a screwdriver and extra double sided tape. That's just about all you'll need to put one of these in. You don't even need to connect the phone line, even to download the panel. Maybe for the next generation of systems you'll merely use a spray on and it will grow in like a Chia Pet in a few days. Burglars can use much smaller hammers to defeat the system.

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

RHC: It has been my experience with DSC products that you automatically do NOT trust version 1 of any of their line of products. Without doubt, there will be a recall for some sort of "bug" in software or firmware which will necessitate addition service on your part. They seem to like to use the end users / installing companies as "beta test beds" to work out problems with their equipment.

Be warned.....:))

Reply to
tourman

Yes, that is true. Honeywell will have their reverse engineered version ready as soon as the year 2019, by their past performance.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

The only difference between it and a standard system is a wireless keypad and siren, whats the big deal?

Reply to
mleuck

I've been playing with it since it was in beta, if the wireless keypad doesn't have any problems (mine hasn't) then everyone else will follow

It's a decent system, only thing I didn't like about it was the non- standard battery

Reply to
mleuck

"On Aug 22, 1:13 pm, "RHC" wrote: RHC: It has been my experience with DSC products that you automatically do NOT trust version 1 of any of their line of products. Without doubt, there will be a recall for some sort of "bug" in software or firmware which will necessitate addition service on your part. They seem to like to use the end users / installing companies as "beta test beds" to work out problems with their equipment.

Be warned.....:))

Lets see:

PC-5010 V1 =Could not get the panel to dial out for a download...oops GSM Radio was getting bumped off the network when first sold, and not logging back on. Revised the 433RF receiver so unused fobs caused a false low keyfob battery trouble.

Reply to
George Siegle

A few more from the hit parade... That pesky problem with the self destructing bridge rectifiers. The 900MHz transmitter cases with the cover retainer tab that breaks off the first time you open the case. The intercom system pulled from production with no explanation and no support for existing units.

Reply to
alarman

1. We are test beds for equipment from every company, everything should be considered beta
  2. Never saw that problem with the 5010v1, downloaded hundreds.

1. Don't forget the NT9010 Envoy, pure junk

2. 1st generation of 900mhz sensors

BUT, and I could be wrong, they appear to have it right with the Alexor so far

Reply to
mleuck

Which model intercom was that? I don't recall that one

Reply to
mleuck

I'm surprised you didn't claim to have one on your desk.

It was a very simple, 7-station system. The indoor station was a PC5921. I don't recall the rest of the model numbers. An audio interface connected the system to the Power832 panel. I installed a couple and sold maybe a dozen more online. The system worked OK but it was nothing special. I think DSC only dropped it because it wasn't very popular.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

When the 832 was first introduced there was an intercom module. (Audio matrix module) It worked pretty well too, but they discontinued it.

Reply to
alarman

They started with the 5908 then 5928 then 5936 but I don't remember DSC recalling any of them

Reply to
mleuck

They didn't recall them, they stopped producing, and consequently stopped supporting them. They worked great!

Reply to
alarman

I liked them for the 2-way voice not the Intercom

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.