Alarming Garage

I own an F150. The cruise control wiring has been replaced because of a recall by Ford, because of fires. What I want to know is, how can I alarm my garage in such a way, to let me know inside the house, if "anything" at all in the garage catches fire. Being an attached garage, it's almost impossible for me to put the truck in the garage, without being awake the whole time. Even if the truck never does catch fire, what about the mower, a fuel can, anything at all? No appliances are in the garage, no furnce or such. Just garage stuff, found in most other garages. Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to be able to use the garage, when it's 10degrees outside.

Reply to
ranscott2005
Loading thread data ...

"Being an attached garage, it's almost impossible | for me to put the truck in the garage, without being awake the whole time."

Actually, it would be better if you were awake the entire time you put the truck in the garage, you might hit something if you were asleep while parking the truck.

How about installing a fire detection system in the garage? Alarm panel, keypad, exterior siren, smoke & heat detector(s)...that kinda thing. You'll need power and phone line out there too.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Detecting that your garage is fully involved in flames is easy to manage. {Stone held up by paper 'fuse' near roof drops and pulls wire leading to outside flame-proofed flag.} Easy, but not a useful solution.

I think you need to fine-tune your desires, and no, I don't think it's practical to ask for a solution that fully and assuridly stops any and all possible ignition sources, present and future. {At least not for a plain home garage.}

A recall on your truck doesn't mean it's doomed to spontaneously ignite some night. It may, of course, but if your fire insurance agent feels comfortable about the situation, then take advantage of his difference of opinion and buy a big policy from him to lay off that risk.

Reply to
Frank Winans

That sounds like an optional add-on to the wind-up (really, no kidding) fire alarms some idiot was pushing here a while back.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

alarms some idiot was pushing here a while back.

Sort of like the other idiots that were pushing a non-UL Listed control for over a year... How many did you sell again??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.