"2GIG Go" Question

Does anyone know if the GSM module for this control has to go to alarm.com? Are their any other "clearing houses" that support it? And is it possible to set up my central station to receive the GSM signals directly?

Thanks,

James

Reply to
James B
Loading thread data ...

From what I read it goes to alarm .com for it to go to another central you would need to use something like uplink or tellulars unit with it.

I would not even use the stuff till the lawsuit Honeywell has against them is cleared up or you could end up with a pile of non supported junk. Just think the Kodak disk cameras. from years back.when Polaroid went after them.

Reply to
nick markowitz

responding to

formatting link
colinm wrote: James -

Alarm.com is the only GSM radio available that works with the 2Gig GOControl system. Our network operations center is set up to forward signals to any central station of your choosing, and they need not set anything special up to receive our signals (standard SIA or CID). The same network operations center allows us to process the system and sensor information to give the end user a feature rich experience through our web portal and mobile applications.

Hope this information helps!

Colin M. Alarm.com

nick markowitz wrote:

-------------------------------------

Reply to
colinm

Colin,

Yes, Thanks it does help. I operate my own central station and want the signals to come here. I was unclear on how alarm.com did this. I talked to someone at alarm.com today and they explained the process is similar to alarmnet. Needles to say I am reading through your contract now.

Nick,

I thought that lawsuit had been settled. Guess thats what I get for doing my own thinking again :)

Thanks,

JAmes

Reply to
James B

Last I heard it was not settled had not even gone thru motions yet think its still in discovery.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I seriously wouldn't worry too much about that and neither does a gazillion dealers using the panel.

Reply to
mleuck

Yes No No

Reply to
mleuck

responding to

formatting link
colinm wrote: Excellent! Glad to hear that you're coming on board as an Alarm.com dealer!

James B wrote:

-------------------------------------

Reply to
colinm

It's an incredible service, too bad you can't add it to more manufacturers like Honeywell or especially DSC

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.