Refitting old MerMail Shelf

M61C.Suc3.0 - Now the the Meridian Mail hardware has been retired, I want to reclaim the entire shelf as an IPE module. Has anyone done this? I think I just need to order an IPE cabinet without sidepanels (refurb'ed about $1000.00) so I get the card rack, backplane, power supply, controller, and amphenol connectors. Am I missing something? Shouldn't be the tough other than it's at the bottom of the stack of 4. I think it's a great way to add 16 slots that are just being wasted now....Any thoughts? Anyone what to buy a MerMail 13 - 12 channel / hard drive / tape drive / serial card / entire voicemail system - maybe just for spares?

Wherewolf

Reply to
Wherewolf
Loading thread data ...

We changed out MerMax & CCR to an IPE shelf last year when we got Symposium. I want to do the same with Meridian Mail (which is actually taking up two shelves in our system) and we'll probably end up using it for network space instead of IPE space when we upgrade to an Option 81C in a few months (hopefully).

So yes it is possible, but I don't know exactly what is required. Our service vendor did the work for us and I wasn't in the office to help out.

Reply to
Michael Andrews

That sounds right, just make sure you have Ism's to support the new hardware. It really isn't hard basically swing out the old shelf put in the new shelf you don't need to tear the column down. I would power the switch down though. contact me off group about the mail though. jbrtelatoptonline.net

Reply to
John 807

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.