Alternative to 2nd SCR 'rollover' line

Good afternoon,

At our site we have DID's of 7xxx. For each DID we have a secondary line starting with 5 and ending with the last 3 digits of the DID (for example, mine is 7703 with a secondary line of 5703).

We're growing like crazy and we don't have a ton of DID's left. Basically, to relieve some of the pressure, we'd like to be able to buy the 5xxx numbers from our carrier to have more DID's. We have DID's spread out all over our exchange but are having an exceptionally difficult time procuring any more from telco in available ranges.

Here's my question: do roll-over lines HAVE to be SCR key's? Is there a key type I don't know about that would provide the same function?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, Mike Andrews

Reply to
Michael Andrews
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

Just before I left my last job, they had a similar problem. What we decided on was a stepped approach. Remove the second DN keys. Change key 0 to MCR from SCR. In your case SCR 7703 to MCR 7703. Add key 1 as MCR 7703. Both keys will flash when the DN is called. If two calls are presented at roughly the same time, the second caller will follow the HUNT programming of the TN. Once a call is answered the second key is idle. They were going to use Avotus (Switchview) station management to make the changes.

Thanks,

Nicolaos

Reply to
Analogue Kid

Nicolaos,

Thanks for the reply! I had tried programming my phone this way before (KEY 00 MCR 7730, KEY 01 MCR 7703) but get error SCH0369 (Function conflicts with existing call arrangement.) I'm not really sure how to get around this error. Any ideas?

Thanks again, Mike

Reply to
Michael Andrews

Do a change on the set to remove all 7730 keys & let the change take place. Now do a second change to put 7703 where you want it. That way there is no conflict.

Reply to
Vauxhall Victor

Vauxhall,

I removed all SCR keys from the phone and am still getting the error. Here is what the TNB looks like:

TN 20 0 13 9 DATE PAGE DES

DES NONE TN 020 0 13 09 TYPE 3904 CDEN 8D CTYP XDLC CUST 0 FDN 6081 TGAR 1 LDN NO NCOS 4 SGRP 0 RNPG 0 SCI 0 SSU XLST SCPW CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSA MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1 POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDA CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD ICDA CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD DDGA NAMA DRDD EXR0 USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN

CPND_LANG ENG RCO 0 HUNT 6081 LHK 1 LPK 1 PLEV 02 AST IAPG 0 AACS NO ITNA NO DGRP MLWU_LANG 0 MLNG ENG DNDR 0 KEY 00 01 02 MSB 03 SCC 0703 04 ADL 16 916177178638 05 ADL 16 916179050243 06 ADL 16 07 ADL 16 08 ADL 16 09 ADL 16 10 ADL 16 11 12 13 14 15 16 MWK 6081 17 TRN 18 AO6 19 CFW 16 6666 20 21 22 23 SSU 0000 24 25 26 CPN 27 CLT 28 RLT 29 30 31 DATE 22 DEC 2005

Reply to
Michael Andrews

I figured it out... I had forgotten that I programmed an SCR 7703 to another phone. I removed it from that phone and it worked fine! I'm going to test this out for awhile and see how it works.

Much appreciated, everyone! Mike

Reply to
Michael Andrews

I should have said remove all references to 7703 on all sets.

Reply to
Vauxhall Victor

If you want to stay with the SCR approach, assuming you have DNXP (DN expansion) that allows you to use 7-digit numbers, you can do what we did. We just pick a three-digit number that doesn't conflict with the rest of the dial plan, and prefix it to the prime DN of the set. So

7730 gets a rollover DN of 1017730 (or 1077730, or *017730, or whatever) since nobody dials these DNs, it doesn't have to be anything convenient to a human being. Just remember to use CLID option 'D' on the additional key(s) so the outbound CLID uses the value of key 0. We get to continue using the SCR approach, and as long as the pattern is applied consistently, its easy to manage.

If you do a LUDN you will probably see lots of numbers that can be used.

- Sam

Vauxhall Victor wrote:

Reply to
SamH

may be a little late on the draw here... but you could also try a CWT key rather than the second DN.

Reply to
jockgeek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.