Panasonic PT53WX42 & Computer

Anyone out there successfully hook up a pc to a Panasonic PT53WX42? I'm trying to setup a media pc in my living room (am a newbie at this) I tried using a VGA to Component cable w/out success. I found this VGA to component adapter for ATI cards (on the adapter there are different switches you can set the adapter to like 480p, 1080i, 16:9. Would this be a way to go?

Just want to know if it's even possible for me to do this on this TV.

S.D. Santiago

Reply to
S.D. Santiago
Loading thread data ...

The vga to component cable should work. Here's another source:

formatting link
It sounds like you have a resolution issue. I know my Samsung only supports certain resolution when in PC mode. (It has a vga input :) ) The problem is changing the resolution when you can't see what you're doing. Before I bought another piece of equipment, I'd try each of the different screen resolution options to see if any work. Set the TV to the component input you have the vga-component cable on. Double check all connections. Using a separate monitor, step through the options on the PC: right click on the desk top>properties>settings>move the screen resolution slider>apply>ok. Then switch the cable to the vga-component and see if the TV recognizes it.

Other options:

Does your PC have a s-video out on the video card? If so, just use that. You may have the same issue but I doubt it.

Buy a new video card with s-video out. Cheap and easy to change.

Good luck.

Reply to
yustr

Are you sure the model is correct I can not find any panasonic's made with that model number.

Reply to
j

Yea it's correct the model is correct.

formatting link
YUSTR, Thanks for the reply. Svideo would not work for me... The main purpuse for the pc will be for audio and for DVD movies. I would want to use component for better picture.

Reply to
S.D. Santiago

Ok.. I can see the info now.... If you have an ATI adaptor installed that outputs a component style signal (480P, 1080I) It should work just fine.

Reply to
j

It might be a issue with the output of the video card. This cable company

formatting link
about this. (I've not used their products so I can't endorse them but it's good info nonetheless.)

Reply to
yustr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.