Newbie Dubbing Question-Please Help

Hi:

I have a series of VHS tapes & DVDs that I would like to dub for home use. Some of them are commercial Scooby Doo tapes. I am considering buying the Sony RDR-Vx500 DVD Recorder/VCR Combination for this purpose. My main objective is to just get watchable versions. If anyone knows any better product(s) or has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. When it comes to electronics, I am woefully ignorant. Thanks in advance for any help! Liz

Reply to
ElizabethLErwin
Loading thread data ...

You will not be able to dub commercial VHS tapes to DVD with a combo unit. Most commercial VHS tapes have some degree of copy protection (macrovision) built into them.

Most DVD recorders detect copyrighted material being fed to them, and will not record them. There are devices available that you can use to get around the copy protection, but they are intended for use between separate components (i.e. between a standalone VCR and a standalone DVD recorder).

Reply to
Brad Clarke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.