X10 Phase Coupler...

Hello All,

I bought a Phase Coupler about a year ago, and it solved the problem of missed on/off timed events... However, the same x10 modules/switches for lighting are missing timed events again, and also when I press on/off buttons on the Palmpad Remote, or on my Firecracker interface software, the lights/switches don't respond as was the case before I added the Phase Coupler. I am wondering, do those phase couplers burn out. Any clue on what else might be causing this problem, again!

Thank you!

Louis

Reply to
Louis Calzada
Loading thread data ...

The coupler can fail although that's rare. More likely you have a new source of line noise or a signal sucker present. You can try to find the culprit and put a filter on it or you could try upgrading the passive coupler to an active repeater/coupler which is probably you're best bet.

Reply to
BruceR

How large is your house and what kind of coupler do you have?

Martin Custer

formatting link

Reply to
AutomatedOutlet.com

Hi,

I live in a raised-ranch. I live on the Ground floor, and since I'm the only one in the house that is technically oriented, x10 is just limited to my basement appartment, and two lights in my bathroom. I don't even utilize all 16 modules on the 'A' housecode. I use a four prong coupler (model#

4826b)
Reply to
Louis Calzada

That's a repeater so unless it's gone bad you should be getting good signal. There could be a new item in the house causing a problem. Anything new plugged in (anywhere in the house) recently?

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.