Looking for good phase coupler for X10

My X10 and Homeplug 200 AV powerline components don't work well across the two phahases of wiring and I am looking for a solution to it. I wonder if anybody could recommend some good phase couplers/bridges to fix both problems.

Reply to
Rover
Loading thread data ...

I use the X10 XPCR Coupler Repeater Amplifier in my present house and it works very well. That said, in my previous house I order the same unit, installed it and it was a disaster. It would send out random X10 codes, apparently based on noise. I got an exchange unit and it did the same identical thing, so I returned it and went to the passive unit, 4816H SignaLinc Hardwired Signal Coupler. It worked ok, but didn't do anything to improve signals getting to far off parts of the house. I don't know if X10 improved the XPCR design or it's just a different house in an area with less noise. I know for a fact that the power in this new house, western NC mountains, is pretty dirty, compared to the old place in suburban Chicago. As to noise, I'm guessing that with fewer people, scattered about, it is quieter, even though regulation, reliability, etc. is much worse.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Despite what this article says,

formatting link
I have had great success in two different houses using just a capacitor. You can connect it between the hot legs in a dryer or other 220v outlet.

Of course, you should read the article above and judge for yourself whether or not the tradeoffs are worth it.

Reply to
DW

All my X-10 problems disappeared when I installed Jeff Volp's XTB amplified repeater/coupler.

formatting link

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.