X10 how to control a lamp module question - gradual light increase

Hi, My wife would like something to gradually brighten a normal incandescent lamp each morning when the bedside clock radio alarm goes off. I've got a basic X-10 set up with several lamp modules, appliance modules, etc. I am looking for something I could set up that she could easily set. Does anybody know of a controller that would fit the bill? She is not a big X-10 fan so ease of use is paramount. Thanks

Reply to
autonut843
Loading thread data ...

The simplest thing would be an X-10 mini-timer (alarm clock) and a SmartHome lamp module. You can preprogram the ramp rate of the latter. IIRC the max is

9 m>Hi, My wife would like something to gradually brighten a normal
Reply to
Dave Houston

Hey thanks! I knew that X10 had to have a way to do it but I wasn't sure which pieces to put together.

I read the Mini Timer MT10A manual and saw that it will only do on/off.

and then I checked out the SmartHome LampLinc PLC 2000SHL with the up to 9 minute fade on rate.

That will be great. Thanks!

Reply to
autonut843

Hey thanks! I knew that X10 had to have a way to do it but I wasn't sure which pieces to put together.

I read the Mini Timer MT10A manual and saw that it will only do on/off.

and then I checked out the SmartHome LampLinc PLC 2000SHL with the up to 9 minute fade on rate.

That will be great. Thanks!

Reply to
autonut843

But now I purchased a PLC 2000SHL and I see that using a mini controller can successfully program a 9 SECOND fade on rate but to get the bigger times I need to be able to send extended codes. Instructions say I can use a maxi controller to program up to 9 MINUTE fade on rate but I don't have a maxi controller, all I have a mini and a CM11A computer interface. Anybody have the software to use the CM11A to send the extended codes? Thanks

Reply to
autonut843

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.