Whole house generators (slightly OT)

Reply to
BruceR
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Somehow I doubt these folks will be able to deliver anything useful at all. The whole thing sounds like techno-snake oil.

From the referenced website: "Steorn is making three claims for its technology:

1.. The technology has a coefficient of performance greater than 100%. 2.. The operation of the technology (i.e. the creation of energy) is not derived from the degradation of its component parts. 3.. There is no identifiable environmental source of the energy (as might be witnessed by a cooling of ambient air temperature)."
Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hawaii prices took a huge hit in 9/11 but by and large have recovered. Prices had stagnated recently. We sold out there about 3 months ago and got a very scary amount of money. We did the tax free exchange thing, and move the money to the mainland where returns are better and prices more stable.

Reply to
Steve

"Steve" wrote

I didn't realize the hit the airlines took extended to HI real estate prices but it makes sense. I've not heard of tax free real-estate exchanges. Is this something the IRS smiles on or is it something they just haven't gotten around to stomping on? ;-)

Just saw a program that talked about non-native invasive species in Hawaii, namely the Coqui frog.

formatting link
Jeez. I hope it doesn't get to be as bad as the cane toads in Oz. There are places where you can't drive anywhere without hearing the digusting thud of exploding toads. Crikey!

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Its called a 1031 or Starker exchange. Quite legal but must be done exactly according to the rules. Here is an overview

formatting link
or Google "1031 real estate exchange"

Reply to
Steve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.