v572ab and other stuff

Some kids broke into my garage and apparently thought ripping down the v572ab would magically make the lights (all X-10 controlled) come on so they could see what they were stealing.

It was a quick grab and run hit so they didn't actually get much of value and seemingly grabbed some of the easy to carry plastic tubs I store stuff in without looking in them. I guess they figured X-10 stuff looked electronic enough to be worth something so they grabbed my bucket of spare X-10 parts and took the V572 and psc05 as well.

Does anyone have a spare v572 and psc05 they'd be willing to part with cheap? I still have the antenna and wall wart (thieves are idiots). This is in a big metal building that bounces RF like crazy so I actually need the 572 to be able to use a remote from more than 20 feet away.

And,

Any suggestions for non-X-10 motion sensors with controls for both sensitivity AND latch duration? Cheap is a key factor. Numbers for outdated models I might find on flEBay would be ideal.

This is for a scratchbuilt 12V DC motion only siren system for a remote garage that I have no plans to install a phone line or any other amenities. I need to tweak it carefully so the neighbor who will call me if it goes off steady doesn't end up waking up 3 times a week for false alarms.

I plan to set a sensor near entry points that just "chirps" every time motion is detected, very short latch delay, to warn off the idiots that broke in once so far. Further inside, in places less likely to generate false alarms from animals/birds, I'll set some with 60+ second latch delays to make their ears hurt.

Thanks all,

Gerald

Reply to
Gerald
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.