USB module for monitoring multiple on/off switches

This type of device works. It allows for reading and controlling 16 TTL/CMOS lines:

USBmicro U401/U421 found at

formatting link
the drivers are a part of the OS.

Reply to
Uniden
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Josepi

I've seen too many references that are older than I am to buss bars to categorically say the term is wrong. For all I know Buss used to make Buss bars, and the former trademark has become generic.

(and just think how much easier this conversation would be to follow if you'd continued in the steps of the previous posters properly trimmed and NOT TOP POSTED)

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Wow.. Do you all get upset when a "facial tissue" is called a Kleenex?

I t> "Josepi" writes:

Reply to
J Miller

Buss makes fuses. The term is bus bar. It's a common mistake but that doesn't make it an alternate spelling.

Oh, bullshit. Top post or bottom post as you like. I prefer to "mid-post" :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I agree, but as long as we're going to be anal, it's "too anal" -- not "to anal" :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Sweet, just plug it into my LAN and go. Every room already has cat5 jack, plus wifi access and access from anywhere in the world.

I've slowly been switching everything over to TCP/IP, security cameras, dumped all my home control software in favor of a little universal devices Insteon box, Belden usb hubs that talk to tcp have also let me plug my movie cameras and other usb peripherals in one place but access them directly on the LAN as though plugged into local usb, my music/movie library is networked with windows home server, etc.

Yup TCP/IP is the way to go I just may use this unit with a relay to remote boot up a computer I need to get to remotely occasionally (since this gizmo has its own web server) the big box can stay off till needed. I can just browse this little guy from the office and tell it to boot the big machine. Now I no longer have to keep that machine running simply because "I might" have to get to it from work that day, nice. Glad I read this thread.

Reply to
RickH

Yes I have seen the word used this way too, in fact in some old electronic magazines.

Reply to
RickH

It isn't too hard to figure out.

A "bus" runs from one place to another on a line. "Buss" is a brand name. People have seen this misuse so many times in the electrical field they all start to believe it 'cause nobody ever corrected them.

If we allow this go on **till** (no such word in this context) a few months pass the Americans will have to make a new entry in their dictionary. That ain't (no such word at all) happening...LOL

Yes I have seen the word used this way too, in fact in some old electronic magazines.

Reply to
Josepi

There is also the Yocto-Knob, for 5 inputs. Probably the smallest that you can find. There is native driver-less support for most programming languages, as well as command line tools.

formatting link

Reply to
ygogole

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.