sync control system with time server

Hello

Has anyone ever done this using Simpl+ ? I want the control system either at boot-up or once a day sync with a time server. I am pretty sure i can write the code to set the time, my only problem is not knowing how to connect to an url/ip address. I can't seem to find anything in the reference manual for Simpl+ .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Reply to
Greg
Loading thread data ...

Maybe i should mention that i am talking about Crestron control system.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Google for "NTP" (Network Time Protocol). You'll find the protocol specs, and various apps, as well as list of available time servers.

Greg wrote:

Reply to
AZ Woody

Reply to
AZ Woody

There's a great little freeware program called Dimension4 that automatically synchs up with any of dozens of time servers that come built into the program's database:

formatting link
It can also synch other PC's on the LAN with one that's connected to the Internet.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Greg,

I don't have Crestron so can't help with SIMPL+ syntax but I currently use a simpler approach with my embedded devices. XP can automatically call a time server to keep its clock accurate. On my W98SE machines I rum Dimension4.exe with it set to sync with a time server a couple of times per day. Then any embedded devices that are either connected to a serial port on one of the machines or any embedded device that has an ethernet interface can sync its RTC to a PC that, in turn, has synced with a time server recently.

For example, roZetta sends "?RTC" either over a serial c>Hello

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.