small audio ampilifier..

Hello,

Does anyone know of a small stereo audio amplifier to simply add external speakers to a TV or other source? It's for an office where the TV will be mounted in some fixture and there will be a single 6.5" stereo ceiling speaker setup to have the sound of the TV. Don't need a full fledged receiver. Just RCAs for input and speaker outputs..

Thanks,

-James

Reply to
James Russo
Loading thread data ...

any amp would do. I know I read about a $30 7w x 2 amp that some folks are using over on avsforum.com, but for the life of me I can't find that thread.

If form factor is paramount, then i like parasound zamps - they're tiny, 45w x 2. A bit expensive though - typically $250 or so new.

Reply to
IVB

Thanks.. I'm thinking that even the parasound zamps would be too big for this purpose.. I would hope that I'd be able to find something about the size of a chalk board eraser or so... It's just to get the sound of the TV out of the cabinet.. nothing more..

-jr

IVB wrote:

Reply to
James Russo

Rat shack makes one about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

Never overestimate the power of large stupid people in Groups.

Reply to
grabbitt

Why not use a automotive amp...many choices.

Reply to
JW

Try these:

Mono 20W

6.4"x3.3"x?"
formatting link
Stereo 9W 5.3"x1.6"x1.5"
formatting link
Mono 6W 3"x1.6"x0.7"
formatting link
All dimensions are for the amp unit only. They all use a "wall wart" style power supply.
Reply to
Lewis Gardner

Depending on the quality/price desired you can get away by dissecting a pair of computer speakers (well, just one that houses the amp, actually) and re-deploying the amp in a little box of its own. It's quite surprising how much better quality sound you can usually get by getting rid of the crappy speakers supplied with that amp. Obviously requires some tinkering and soldering, but if you are into it... I had best results with amps from Labtec PC speakers so far, but pretty much any brand will do, again, depends on the quality/price you're looking for.

-------------------------------------

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.