Help: home audio distribution scheme

I have questions about my home audio distribution scheme. My goal is to provide distributed stereo to every room at moderate sound levels and good quality. Budget is also a major concern.

Here are the system specs.

Receiver Amplifier - Onkyo TX-601 (85Watts/Channel, 2 Zone amplifier, Z1: 6.1 Surround & Z2: 2.1)

Zone 2 on the Onkyo is wired to a Audioplex Technology JB-1 distribution hub The JB-1 hub is wired in wall to 6 rooms (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen)

My speakers are all 8 Ohm bookshelf types of mixed pedigree (AR, Polk, RCA, Morden Short) and the two bathrooms are OEM Systems in wall types.

I also have Audioplex CSVC 150 Impedance Matching Volume Controls (VC) in each room inline between the distro hub and the speakers.

The available Impedance Matching Jumper Settings on the VCs are: X1, X2, X4, X8

PDFs of the install manuals are here: CSVC 150 -

formatting link
-
formatting link
Questions:

1. Is the receiver sufficient for the task?
  2. Will a separate amp on zome 2 solve any receiver deficiencies? Onkyo Amp m-282 (100watts/channel)
    formatting link
    3. What other amp might work better?
  3. Is the audioplex stuff adequate?
  4. Do the jumpers on the VCs need to all be set the same? The bathrooms are smaller rooms and might not need as much juice as the other rooms).
  5. what is the optimal jumper settings for the VCs in every room?

Thanks, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.