'rolling code' garage door opener: changing the 'codes batch' (former tenant) for security?

had a somewhat disagreeable tenant in the house we moved back into, and suspect the guy might still have a garage door opener for our house. our opener uses the genie 'rolling codes' system. I opened the transmitter, found no mini-switches in there to change (at least near the battery).

question: short of entirely replacing the entire opener, is it possible to change the "rolling codes batch" or "rolling codes groupings" that my wife and I use so that it's NOT the same "batch" of rolling codes it

-formerly- was? so that our old tenant can no longer USE any opener he may have? I'm 'pretty handy' with a soldering iron and tools, if need be...but not real great at 'board level repairs'...

thanks for tips and clues on this :-)

toolie

== replies by e-mail, if any, need to remove the weirdstuff from my e-mail address before clicking 'send'. thanks ==

Reply to
dave
Loading thread data ...

Just reprogram your current transmitter/transmitters...any other transmitters that were programmed will be deleted.

Reply to
JW

Erase the memory 1st (erases all transmitters) by pressing & holding the learn code button on the motor head for 10 seconds or until radio signal indicator light (LED by learn button) goes out.

Re-program your transmitter by pressing & releasing the learn code button (indicator LED blinks), press the transmitter button within 30 seconds (indicator LED goes solid), press the same transmitter button again within 30 seconds (indicator LED goes out).

Repeat program steps for any additional transmitters you have.

Old tenant's transmitters no longer work & yours does. That's all there is to it.

Doordoc

formatting link

Reply to
doordoc

The opener will hold a total of 7 transmitters, keypads, & other access devices. So until you program an 8th device or repeatingly program the same transmitter the old ones will not be erased automatically. This will only delete one at a time (the 1st transmitter that was programmed originally gets deleted 1st) so to be sure you erased all of them you would have do this step 7 times in a row. It's easier to erase the memory 1st & start over.

Doordoc

Reply to
doordoc

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.