Nokia 770

I saw the announcement, but didn't see the price tag. $350? Wow. That's a pretty good price point. Up until now I had been salivating over the Nevo SL

formatting link
which has 802.11B too, but the price is $799. If the Nokia ships at the $350 price, that'd be awesome.

Reply to
Mark Thomas
Loading thread data ...

Has anyone seen detailed specs on this? I think it was just announced.

It's a $350 Linux based tablet PC with 802.11B and Bluetooth. It looks like it might be an affordable touchscreen that could be useful in HA.

With it talking to a Global Caché GC-100, I could control all of my X-10 and AV gear.

Reply to
Dave Houston

The $350 figure was in a couple of the articles I saw. I don't know how firm it may be.

The Nevo th>I saw the announcement, but didn't see the price tag. $350? Wow. That's

Reply to
Dave Houston

Where did $350 come from? Here is a snippet from yesterday's press release: "Measuring a modest 141 x 79 x 19 mm and at a weight of 230 g, Nokia claims a browsing time of up to 3 hours and standby time of up to 7 days from the 1500 mAh rechargeable battery of the 770. The device comes in black and matte silver and is planned to start shipping in the third quarter of 2005 in selected countries in the Americas and Europe, however Nokia did not provide any details concerned its expected pricing. "

So, no details about pricing yet as far as I can tell.

At $350 would certainly be interesting to look at it.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Of some 10-12 stories I saw on the subject, about half said $349 or $350 while a few, including the one you cited, said there was no price information. Seeing that low price was the only thing that piqued my interest as most similar devices have been ridiculously over priced.

Google on "Nokia 770 Internet Tablet" and then follow the "News Results for Nokia 770 Internet Tablet" link and read all the stories. I've posted the URL below.

formatting link

Of course, it won't be released until late this year and some features (e.g. VoIP) will not come until next year.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Neil,

Thanks for the Nokia link. I searched their site the day of the announcement without finding anything. I guess I was too early.

Here's a l>Found the details quoting $350 (thanks Dave), also found the

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.