Is there an X10 USB Interface Module

Hello,

I currently have a CM11 X10 interface module that uses a serial interface. Is there another interface that uses USB......serial ports are going away. I don't want to use a USB to serial adapter if possible and would prefer to use software other than Smarthome....and especially if it can be controlled with Girder.

Hopefully we will finally rid ourselves of having to deal with X10, but it isn't here yet....at least at a reasonable price.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Techy
Loading thread data ...

You can use this w/ a PC that's running 24/7:

formatting link
Or this where you program it once and then it runs standalone:

formatting link
I know you said you don't want to use smarthome software, but i believe a company called Charmed Quark supports these modules as well.

Reply to
random735

It's not easy to find deals with comparable prices to those offered by X10.

ActiveHome Pro Software and USB Computer Interface - 9 piece kit... Note what you get for $99.99 (free shipping) near the bottom of the page. If you don't want to use ActiveHome Pro software, use something else.

formatting link

Reply to
Jack Ak

"random735" wrote in news:1120224183.057624.51290 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Thanks,

This is what I was looking for. I wish it interfaced with Girder rather that Homesear....as Girder is much cheaper.

Jim

Reply to
Anyone

snipped-for-privacy@anywhere.net wrote in news:0smxe.15082$Tt.5288 @bignews3.bellsouth.net:

This DOES work with Girder. I have it controlling about 8 lights (3 of these lm14a dimmers). Browse the girder plugins page for the Powerlink USB one.

Reply to
noid

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.