HomeDaemon now supports ZWave devices! (V5.0-BETA-5)

HomeDaemon 5.0-BETA-5 is now available for public consumption.

In addition to X-10 (through the CM11 interface using Dan Lancini's x10d code), ADICON RS485 (digital and analog I/O interfaces) and the ADICON Leopard, Leviton's serial PC Interface is now also supported.

FULLY SUPPORTED at this time are:

1. Dimmer and switch nodes (both wall and plug-in)
  2. Wall "zone" controllers with 1-4 subunits
  3. The CA9000 Intermatic PIR

Leviton's Vizia-RF (and some other) in-wall units properly notify the HAI interface via a "hail" when locally controlled, and as such HomeDaemon will immediately poll them for status on local changes and update itself accordingly. Note that plug-in modules do not, as a rule (among those I've tested) send HAILs on local control (or anything else!) which kinda sucks - but it is what it is.

The interface module does poll on a timed basis across the entire network, so for 'stupid' devices it will eventually pick up local changes - just not immediately.

Keypad controllers (E.g. the Leviton 4-zone keypad) function for up to eight events, but the LED field is not currently functional. The keypad itself, however, is.

The Intermatic CA9000 PIRs are FULLY SUPPORTED; the system is intelligent enough to put them in "battery" mode so they don't require wall-warts, it monitors battery status, provides near-instantaneous notification on events - in short it "just works." Of the various PIRs out there, these are the ones you want to use. There is also simple (parameter-file driven) support to put the PIRs back in "always listening" mode (necessary if you need to do a "network rediscovery" for some reason.)

As always HomeDaemon is fully modular and freely distributable. It is built for FreeBSD but should run on most Linux variants as well. The package dates back to 1999 and has been under fairly constant development since that time, and continues to be developed and used actively. Included is a CGI interface module for "internet" control of your home, should you choose to employ it (putting it behind HTTPS and a password protected area is strongly recommended for obvious reasons!)

The serial interface requirements are tested and supported on FTDI USB serial concentrators as well as on standard PC-style serial ports. Note that some other USB serial converters DO NOT work properly, especially under load! FTDI-based multiport USB serial adapters are tested and recommended. (Unfortunately some "smart" multiport boards ALSO have defective drivers - beware if you're trying to use one of these....)

Get it at

formatting link
For questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at the below address. Note that I have a fairly aggressive spam filter; if you get a bounce, read it - it will tell you how to override the blocker.

Reply to
Karl Denninger
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.