iPhone and home automation

I'm interested in what systems people are using for their home automation? Ideally consumer targeted systems rather than home brew.

I'm developing a small App (HomeWatch) for the iPhone that currently works with ioBridge (temperature sensors, x10 controls, servos, etc) and a couple of internet connected cameras. I'd like to interface to more systems, and cameras but I have no idea what people are using. I've got my front door emailing me, but that was a bit of a hack using a magnetic door sensor and the ioBridge. Is there for example a cheap alarm system that has a serial interface? And what's the most consumer friendly way of setting up electrical power usage monitoring? Currently most of the projects I'm playing with involve too much hacking around with soldering irons and Auduinos...

Reply to
whitehexagon
Loading thread data ...

Does your door trigger a "read receipt requested" notice?

I'm developing a small App (HomeWatch) for the iPhone that currently works with ioBridge (temperature sensors, x10 controls, servos, etc) and a couple of internet connected cameras. I'd like to interface to more systems, and cameras but I have no idea what people are using. I've got my front door emailing me, but that was a bit of a hack using a magnetic door sensor and the ioBridge. Is there for example a cheap alarm system that has a serial interface? And what's the most consumer friendly way of setting up electrical power usage monitoring? Currently most of the projects I'm playing with involve too much hacking around with soldering irons and Auduinos...

Reply to
Josepi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.