Insteon - WOW

This is what I wrote in the second installment of my review...

It is possible to set an Insteon lamp dimmer module to respond both to Insteon _AND_ X-10. This wasn't clear from the online documention.

This means the lamp can be controlled by the Insteon tabletop controller (in Insteon mode) as well as by a palmpad + transceiver (or any other X-10 controller).

snipped-for-privacy@whocares.com (Dave Houst>I need to go back and reread my review of the starter kit. I think I

Reply to
Dave Houston
Loading thread data ...

roZetta will be mostly a translator but with more than just Insteon-to-X10_PLC and X10_PLC-to-Insteon capability. It will "understand" X10_PLC (i.e. TW523), MR26A, CM11A, CPU-XA, Leopard, Ocelot and UPB protocols and be able to translate between any of them. It will also be able to handle other devices with ASCII protocols but won't "understand" them, merely repeat user specified ASCII commands. It will have an RTC (super-capacitor backed) and be able to schedule events. It will store macros in onboard EEPROM.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.