CM11A hangup: Any better products?

Hello Dan,

It could be. However, every aligment procedure in production is usually a significant cost contributor. Even in China.

IIUC it outputs to TMR0 reg which indeed isn't so cool. But look at Figure 6-6. Maybe there is a way to pipe it through the WDT path. Unless PSA turns off the WDT Time-Out mux or that signal cannot go anywhere. This doesn't seem to be a very versatile uC. Or as they say in the UK, it doesn't float my boat.

If it can't do all that maybe there is a better uC for X-10 than this one, at similar cost. Quite frankly it is the first uC I come across that seems to be unable to do PWM. Even ye olde C51 could do that.

Regards, Joerg

formatting link

Reply to
Joerg
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hello Dave,

I believe you mean the LC tank circuit. Yes, it needs aligment. But it is only a peaking operation where all you need is level metering. A circuit that is in an oscillator requires a frequency counter which is more expensive in production. Assembling a diode concoction on the pogo pins of a production tester is easy if it can't digest 120kHz directly. However, measuring a frequency isn't possible with cheaper testers.

Regards, Joerg

formatting link

Reply to
Joerg

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hello Dave,

No, I didn't say that. They will have to have a frequency adjustment procedure at the end of production. That increases cost. If there was a resonator or crystal they wouldn't have to incur that cost.

WRT to alignment I wasn't too impressed with the "precision" of aligment on some of the receivers. As I said earlier, one wouldn't work until after I aligned it myself. Another that occasionally missed a command became much more reliable after aligment.

Regards, Joerg

formatting link

Reply to
Joerg

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hello Dave,

Which fantastical procedure? The aligment of the receiver LC circuit? All I can say is that the non-working module worked after that and another one became reliable. That's good enough for me.

Regards, Joerg

formatting link

Reply to
Joerg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.